Brown Sugar Chicken only requires 3 ingredients and it’s ready in under 30 minutes. It’s a delicious way to enjoy a healthy Italian chicken dinner on a busy night!
3-Ingredient Italian Chicken with Brown Sugar Sauce
Chicken breasts are something I always tend to have on hand. So, when I’m in need of a healthy, delicious dinner last minute, I tend to go with some kind of chicken. This 3-Ingredient Brown Sugar Chicken recipe has become a go-to in these situations.
This baked chicken is so full of flavor. The brown sugar and Italian seasoning complement one another just right. By baking it, the outside of the chicken gets a nice crispiness to it, while the inside stays moist and juicy. It’s great over pasta, salads, or with a side of roasted veggies!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- A quick weeknight dinner
- 3 item ingredients list
- Easy clean-up
- Impossible to mess up
- Crispy chicken on the outside, juicy and moist on the inside
- Healthy dinner option
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Packed light brown sugar
- Italian dressing mix
Variations / Options / Add-ins
- CHICKEN: You can use frozen or fresh chicken for this recipe. Thaw the frozen chicken completely. Drain any juices or liquid from the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Extra liquid thins out the sauce and it will have a boiling effect on the chicken. The seasoning and brown sugar still has enough moisture to make a paste/sauce for the marinade.
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make 3-Ingredient Brown Sugar Chicken
This recipe will come together so easily. It’s nearly impossible to mess up! Mix the ingredients to coat your chicken and bake them.
- Mix brown sugar, the contents of the Italian dressing mix and the paprika.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (easy clean up!) and place chicken on it.
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of the chicken pieces with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar seasoning mix on both sides of the chicken.
- Use your hands, rub the mix into the chicken.
Pro-Tip: When you’re mixing the ingredients together, the dry seasoning, brown sugar, and moisture from the chicken will form a thick sauce. Use a spatula to scrape out any remaining sauce over the top of your chicken when you place it on the pan. You want to get every last bit of flavor!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pro-Tip: To ensure that your chicken is done cooking, you can use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees F. When the chicken is cooked, switch the oven to broil and cook for 5 more minutes. The top of the chicken will get golden and bubbly, making it crispy while the inside remains moist.
What to Serve With Brown Sugar Chicken
The beauty of baked chicken is that it can be served so many different ways. This chicken is delicious over top of noodles or pasta dishes like Homemade Alfredo. It’s also great cut-up on a salad. Especially a salad that has a sweet dressing. It’s fabulous on its own with a side of vegetables like this Roasted Cauliflower or potato side like this Mashed Potato Casserole.
How to Store
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I always make extra chicken breasts with this recipe and use them throughout the week for dinners, on salads at lunchtime, or even chopped up in an omelette for breakfast! Do not freeze cooked chicken that was previously frozen!
Other Easy Dinner Ideas
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Ground Beef Bulgogi (Korean Beef Bowl)
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Turkey Chili
- California Roll Sushi Bowls
Brown Sugar Chicken
- 20 ounce (4 5-ounce pieces) boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 0,7 ounce packet of dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and the contents of the Italian dressing mix (do not prepare the Italian dressing; simply use the dry packet contents) and the paprika.
- Line a baking dish (9×13 works great) with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer in the baking dish. Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of the chicken pieces with olive oil. Sprinkle the brown sugar seasoning mix on both sides of the chicken, then, using your hands, rub the mix into the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Switch the oven to the broil setting and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the top of the chicken is lightly golden and bubbly.
- When you’re mixing the ingredients together, the dry seasoning, brown sugar, and moisture from the chicken will form a thick sauce. Use a spatula to scrape out any remaining sauce over the top of your chicken when you place it on the pan. You want to get every last bit of flavor!
- To ensure that your chicken is done cooking, you can use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees F.
- When the chicken is cooked, switch the oven to broil and cook for 5 more minutes. The top of the chicken will get golden and bubbly, making it crispy while the inside remains moist.
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!