Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Passover Mandel Bread
It is crazy hard to find Passover desserts that don’t taste like cardboard – no disrespect intended! However, this mandel bread recipe that my mom makes every year is something that I can eat all year long – I am telling you that she cannot make it fast enough. It is great for your Sedar’s dessert or just with a cup of coffee!! Either way, you must give this one a try – it will become a Passover staple!
Here is what you need:
- 3/4 cup ground nuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut oil (for those that won’t use peanut oil, try coconut oil)
- 2 cups sifted cake meal
- 6 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Here is what you do:
- Beat eggs with sugar until creamy
- Add oil and mix
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix
- Cover and refrigerate (overnight if possible, if not, at least 3 hours)
- Form into 2 or 3 loaves and place on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes
- Remove, slice and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (my mom turns them on the side and covers the edges with the cinnamon sugar for extra yumminess!!)
- Put back in oven until brown (about 5 minutes)
- Eat. Yum. (my mom added that to the recipe!)
Looking for another yummy Passover recipe – try my chocolate dipped chocolate chip macaroons – they are super delicious!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!