These Watermelon Cake Pops are the perfect dessert for your next summer party! They look just like mini watermelons! They are super delicious and easy to make!
Summer may be coming to an end, but these Watermelon Cake Pops are always in season! Not only are they easy to make, they are super cute too, which for me, is a MUST!
These bite-sized pieces of cake with chocolate chips and delicious chocolate candy coating are the perfect dessert for your next BBQ!
Sticking with the BBQ theme, you could totally pair these adorable cake pops with this super cute BBQ Grill Cupcakes! Together they would make a super cute dessert display!
For those of you who know me, you know that I refer to myself not as a cook or a baker or a chef, but as a food crafter! That’s right, I love to create cute things out of food!
That is why these Watermelon Cake Pops make me so happy. Not only are they super adorable, but they are also delicious! Every time I bring them to a barbecue or party, they get tons of oooh’s and ahhh’s!
Looking for some other fun Watermelon themed treats – these Watermelon doughnuts and Watermelon Coconut Slush are among our favorites!
Now don’t be surprised, they don’t exactly taste like watermelon – let’s say they are more strawberry! Okay, let’s just say they taste just like strawberry, but look like watermelon! That is unless you can find a watermelon cake mix! But not to worry, no one will mind, because they are so totally cute and delicious!!
The best thing about them is that they are super simple to make. Wanna take them to the next level? Stick a stick in them and make them watermelon Cake pops on a stick! Here are some great lollipop sticks you are easily use!
(scroll down for the printable recipe!)
- Strawberry Cake mix
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pink Frosting
- Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts, dark green
- Wilton Candy Drizzle Pouch, bright green
- Pink Food Coloring
How to Make Cake Pops
- First prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 9×13 cake pan.
- Second, in a medium-sized bowl, crumble the cake, about half the can of frosting, and the chocolate chips.
- Next, mix together until well combined and roll into small balls.
- Then melt the dark green chocolate per package directions and dip the cake balls until fully covered and set on parchment paper to dry.
- Last, melt the drizzle pouch per package directions and pipe thin lines around your watermelon ball and let dry.
Watermelon Cake Pops
- 1 box Strawberry Cake mix
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 can Pink Frosting
- 1 bag Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts dark green
- 1 Wilton Candy Drizzle Pouch bright green
- Pink Food Coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 9x13 cake pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, crumble the cake, about half the can of frosting, and the chocolate chips.
- Mix together until well combined and roll into small balls.
- Melt the dark green chocolate per package directions and dip the cake balls until fully covered and set on parchment paper to dry.
- Melt the drizzle pouch per package directions and pipe thin lines around your watermelon ball and let dry.
Are you looking for some other great desserts? Here are some that you can whip together in no time at all!
Do you love making cookies? Well, what is the best part about making cookies? Eating the cookie dough, right? The problem is that you really are not supposed to eat raw cookie dough. But, not worries, problem solved. Here is some amazingly delicious EGGLESS cookie dough. That’s right – cookie dough without the egg so it is safe to eat. Check out this easy how to make edible cookie dough recipe here! (best part, it only takes about 15 minutes to make!
After summer comes fall and with fall comes fresh apples! This is my all time most popular recipe – Caramel Apple Crisp Bites – I dare you to try to eat just one! They are beyond words amazing!
Perfect but I can’t use the melts due to allergy. Can I melt frosting and use that for the green outer coating instead?
Where do you use the pink food coloring? I don’t see it in the instructions.
You are right!! You can use the pink food coloring if the cake and frosting don’t come out to the level of “pinkness” that you desire – just add a small amount and mix it in.