Celebrate summer with these adorable Grill Cupcakes! Perfect for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day or just SUMMER!!
Summer is HERE and these Grill Cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate!
I love making themed desserts for special occasions, like these easy 4th of July Strawberries, but I am always struggling for something cute for Father’s Day. Let’s be honest, my usual “everything is better with sprinkles” mantra doesn’t really apply for Father’s Day.
That is why these BBQ Grill Cupcakes are the perfect solution! They were inspired by Frugal Mom Eh, who I believe invented them!
Do you love to grill? We do at my house… if you are looking for some great grilling recipes, be sure to check out this post! This Grilled Ribeye Steak with Ginger Teriyaki Sauce is one of my all time favorites!
They are really easy to make, but they will for sure impress your guests. You can make your own cupcakes or take the easy way out and use premade cupcakes. OR you can go in the middle and use a boxed cake mix to make your cupcakes.
The key to the success if finding the perfect “candy fruit”. You can either use gummy candy or fruit snacks work really well too. Any type of gummy candy will really work, because you are going to be cutting it up into small pieces, so don’t worry about finding “the perfect” gummy candy!
Ingredients and supplies needed to make BBQ Grill Cupcakes!
- Chocolate Cupcakes, prepared unfrosted
- Red Frosting
- Orange Frosting
- Wilton Chocolate Melting Discs, Black
- Assorted Gummy Candy (I used Gummy Candy and Red Cherry Balls, but you could also use fruit snacks)
- Star Piping Tip
Want the Printable Recipe?
(just scroll down?)
Like I said, they are really easy to make. You basically are going to grab some chocolate cupcakes and frost them with some red and orange swirled frosting.
This will give it that “fire” look.
Then you are going to make the grills. This is the impressive part, but you will be surprised how easy they are to make. All you need is a steady hand and some melted candy discs.
You will put the melted chocolate in either a plastic baggie with the corner cut off or you can get a pastry bag (if you are fancy like that) and pipe circles of chocolate on to a piece of parchment paper. Then add straight lines across to give it the “grill” look. Let them set until dry and firm.
Then you just need to assemble the kabob on a toothpick skewer and place the grill rack and the kabob on the cupcake!
These BBQ Grill Cupcakes are seriously so cute! They are perfect for grilling season or any of the summer holidays (Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, Labor Day). But heck…who needs a special occasion for this treat!
How to Make BBQ Grill Cupcakes
?PIN IT ?
Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Pinterest
for tips, ideas & recipes!
BBQ Grill Cupcakes
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes prepared unfrosted
- 1 can Red Frosting
- 1 can Orange Frosting
- 1 bag Wilton Chocolate Melting Discs Black
- Assorted gummy Candy I used Gummy Candy and Red Cherry Balls
- Place the star tip into a clear plastic bag and add about half the can of orange and red frosting to the bag.
- Pipe frosting in a swirl pattern on top the cupcakes, this will resemble the fire.
- Melt about ½ cup of the chocolate discs in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Put the melted chocolate into a small plastic baggie and cut a tiny hole in the corner.
- On a parchment lined pan, pipe 12 circles, the same width as the cupcakes.
- Then pipe lines across each circle to resemble a grill grate.
- Let these set until candy has hardened.
- Cut little pieces of the gummy candy and put on the toothpicks to resemble skewers.
- Place the grates on top the frosted cupcakes and place a skewer on top each one.
Looking for some more summer recipe inspiration?
The best 4th of July Dessert Recipes
This round up of patriotic Red, White and Blue recipes will be sure to please a crowd!
I love these cupcakes already! They look so fun and perfect for our summer parties! Thanks for the idea.
I made these and my grills broke in pieces