Table of Contents
Valentines Puff Pastry
Valentine’s Day is on of my favorite “holidays”. I just love hearts and who doesn’t enjoy spreading love and eating yummy chocolate and treats??
This year I decided to combine many of my favorite things into one delicious Valentine’s treat – Hearts, Nutella and Puffed Pastry – not to mention powdered sugar, sprinkles and other great toppings and make this Valentine’s Day Nutella and Heart Puff Pastry.
Looking for some other great Valentine’s Day crafts, recipes, desserts and other inspirations (like non-candy Valentine’s Day treats) click here to see my other great articles!
This Valentine’s Puff Pastry is great on its own, but if you want to take it to the next level – a la mode – need I say more?
ICE CREAM – this will totally rock your Valentine’s world!!
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- Chocolate syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Valentine’s sprinkles
Just follow these instructions and watch the How To Video below:
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Defrost puff pastry according to directions on package.
- Lay flat on a cutting board and cut both sheets in the shape of a heart (I printed off a heart from the computer and laid it over the sheet to use as a guide)
- Place on a baking sheet (I like to use a silicon baking mat under it, if not, you may want to spray the pan)
- Generously spread Nutella on one of the hearts. Lay the other heart on top of the one with the Nutella.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits all the way around the heart. Twist each slit and pinch together at the bottom. Don’t worry if the Nutella gets messy – the messier it looks, the better it will look after baking!
- Brush the top with the egg.
- Place in oven for about 15 minutes (watch it, bake until it starts to brown).
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add toppings – chocolate drizzle, powdered sugar, sprinkles, ICE CREAM!!
Looking for some more easy Valentine’s Dessert and Crafts – check out some of our others!