Super Easy Trifle Recipe
Memorial Day, Fourth of July or just for fun! This trifle recipe is super easy, super yummy and will be sure to please a crowd!!
Table of Contents
This is one of the easiest desserts you will ever make and it will get an “Oh Wow!” from your guests!! It is really simple and takes only a few minutes to throw together!
Here is what you need:
- Star Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Sara Lee Pound Cake
- Tub of Cool Whip
- Crushed Oreo cookies (I used mini’s, but you can use full sized – keep a few uncrushed for decoration)
- Hot fudge
Here is what you do:
- Slice the Sara Lee Pound cake the width of your cookie cutter (mine was in half, but if you have a smaller cookie cutter you can probably cut it in thirds and then get more stars out of it!)
- Slice the sections of the pound cake into thinner slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Cut out stars and place them aside
- Use the leftover pieces of cake to line the bottom of the trifle bowl
- Cover the cake with a layer of Cool Whip
- Place the star cut outs along the side of the bowl
- Add a layer of strawberries and bananas, hot fudge and crushed cookies
- Add another layer of cake and repeat steps until at the top of the bowl.
- The last layer should be Cool Whip
- Decorate with a star, some crushed cookies and a few strawberries