Table of Contents
Super Easy Trifle Recipe
Memorial Day, Fourth of July or just for fun! This trifle recipe is super easy, super yummy and will be sure to please a crowd!!
This is one of the easiest desserts you will ever make and it will get an “Oh Wow!” from your guests!! It is really simple and takes only a few minutes to throw together!
Here is what you need:
- Star Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Sara Lee Pound Cake
- Tub of Cool Whip
- Crushed Oreo cookies (I used mini’s, but you can use full sized – keep a few uncrushed for decoration)
- Hot fudge
Here is what you do:
- Slice the Sara Lee Pound cake the width of your cookie cutter (mine was in half, but if you have a smaller cookie cutter you can probably cut it in thirds and then get more stars out of it!)
- Slice the sections of the pound cake into thinner slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Cut out stars and place them aside
- Use the leftover pieces of cake to line the bottom of the trifle bowl
- Cover the cake with a layer of Cool Whip
- Place the star cut outs along the side of the bowl
- Add a layer of strawberries and bananas, hot fudge and crushed cookies
- Add another layer of cake and repeat steps until at the top of the bowl.
- The last layer should be Cool Whip
- Decorate with a star, some crushed cookies and a few strawberries