Hi it’s Yvonne again from Tried and Tasty and I’m back with another delicious dessert recipe for you this month! I don’t know about you, but summer rocks my socks. One of the best things that the warm weather brings is the scrumptious food! Party food in fact. Grub for your potluck, BBQ, family gathering, and more. This yummy dessert is one of those great treats that feed a crowd. I also love summer because my birthday happens to be smack dab in the middle of it. July 15th in fact! The most requested birthday dessert is my Ultimate Strawberry Shortcake. It’s divine and EVERYONE loves it! I decided to switch things up this year and make it in to a trifle (I love a good trifle recipe!). All of the wonderful goodness beautifully layered in to a stunning showstopper dessert! Enjoy!
The Ultimate Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- 1 box cake mix (white, vanilla, or yellow)
- 1 large cool whip, thawed
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg fresh strawberries or 2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen strawberries
- 1 pkg. strawberry danish dessert
- Bake cake according to directions on box. Let cool.
- Wash & slice fresh strawberries or defrost frozen strawberries strawberries; set aside.
- Mix together cool whip with 1/2 c. powdered sugar; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese with 1 c. powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add cool whip to cream cheese and cream together.
- Make danish dessert as directed with 1 1/2 c. cold water instead of 1 3/4 c.
- Cool slightly and fold in strawberries.
- In a trifle bowl, layer in the following order: cubed cake, strawberries & danish dessert and then cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat until you reach the top of the trifle bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Want a couple more delicious & easy strawberry recipes? Give these a try!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!