Everyone loves the Chocolatey goodness of Texas Sheet Cake Bites! I think it’s the best way to enjoy this dessert or any mini dessert really because you can grab and go! Yum!
Hi, this is Chrissy from The Taylor House! I have been contributing and collaborating with Jenn from Princess Pinky Girl for years and I am so excited to share my Texas Sheet Cake Bites with you today!
Texas Sheet Cake has always been one of my absolute favorite desserts. It’s a simple chocolate cake with a ganache frosting that’s incredibly moist and delicious.
It’s usually one of my go-to desserts when I’m cooking for a crowd because it can serve so many.
A few weeks ago I had a little get together with some friends and thought it would be fun to turn one of my favorite desserts into a mini bite sized treat.
It’s always nice to have small desserts and portions for when I get the ladies together. We’re much more likely to have dessert when it’s only one or two bites, right?
Ingredients Needed For Texas Sheet Cake Bites
Texas Sheet Cake Bites
These Texas Sheet Cake Bites are sure to be your new favorite dessert! Remember that you can add nuts or even a little bit of Nutella or peanut butter to make this recipe a little more personalized to your favorite!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder ((I use Rodelle))
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Prepare mini muffin tins by lining with mini paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
Prepare the Cake
- Mix sugar, flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine butter, water, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat then pour into dry ingredients.
- Gently mix together.
- Fold in buttermilk and eggs. Blend well. The batter will be thin.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place one scoop of batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Place on wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium saucepan heat milk, butter and cocoa, over medium heat, until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat then whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Carefully spoon a tablespoon of frosting over each bite. Frosting will set after a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!