Everyone loves the Chocolatey goodness of Texas Sheet Cake Bites! I think it’s the best way to enjoy this dessert or any mini dessert really because you can grab and go! Yum!
Hi, this is Chrissy from The Taylor House! I have been contributing and collaborating with Jenn from Princess Pinky Girl for years and I am so excited to share my Texas Sheet Cake Bites with you today!
Texas Sheet Cake has always been one of my absolute favorite desserts. It’s a simple chocolate cake with a ganache frosting that’s incredibly moist and delicious.
It’s usually one of my go-to desserts when I’m cooking for a crowd because it can serve so many.
A few weeks ago I had a little get together with some friends and thought it would be fun to turn one of my favorite desserts into a mini bite-sized treat.
It’s always nice to have small desserts and portions for when I get the ladies together. We’re much more likely to have dessert when it’s only one or two bites, right?
Texas Sheet Cake Bites
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder (I use Rodelle)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Prepare mini muffin tins by lining with mini paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
Prepare the Cake
- Mix sugar, flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine butter, water, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat then pour into dry ingredients.
- Gently mix together.
- Fold in buttermilk and eggs. Blend well. The batter will be thin.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place one scoop of batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Place on wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium saucepan heat milk, butter and cocoa, over medium heat, until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat then whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Carefully spoon a tablespoon of frosting over each bite. Frosting will set after a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!