Slow Cooker Italian Sausage – Only includes six ingredient and easy to put together and extremely tasty.
Hello, Everyone! Thank you for stopping by Princess Pinky Girl. My name is Diane Roark, and I blog at Recipes For Our Daily Bread. I love sharing easy recipes that your entire family will enjoy.
Today, I am sharing an easy slow cooker recipe, Italian Sausage, Green Beans & Potatoes. This recipe only includes six ingredients; Italian Sausage, potatoes, green beans, Italian seasoning, Italian dressing, and onion. It is truly easy to put together and extremely tasty.
How did I make this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage recipe so flavorful but easy to make? I have several secrets.
- Red potatoes are my potato of choice in this recipe. To make it simple, I wash them well and cut off the bad places but left the skin on the potatoes. Next, I cut the potatoes into bite size pieces.
- I used Olive Garden Creamy Italian Dressing. Olive Garden Dressing is delicious and seasoned this recipe well.
- I used Hot Italian sausage. It is not very hot, but it is full of flavor.
- I used Paul Prudhomme’s Pizza Pasta Magic. I use this Italian seasoning in all my pasta, pizzas, and any other Italian recipes. It is so much better than simply adding Italian seasoning.
- I used three pounds of frozen green beans to make this recipe easy.
How did I come up with this recipe?
I make a similar recipe using Cajun Sausage, Cajun Seasoning, potatoes, and green beans. It is so easy to make, and my family loves it. I decided to try using the same basic ingredients but substituted the Cajun sausage for Italian sausage. I also switched the Cajun seasoning for Italian seasoning. Now, this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage recipe is one of our favorite slow cooker dishes.
2 – 14 ounce packs Italian Sausage – I use Hot Italian sausage.
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 – 1/2 pounds (1/2 of 5 pound bag) Red or New Potatoes
2 – 24 ounce bags of frozen green beans
1 cup Italian Dressing
1 tablespoon Paul Prudhomme’s Pizza Pasta Magic OR your favorite Italian Seasoning.
- Wash and remove the bad places from the potatoes
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. This recipe will not fit in anything smaller.
- Slice Sausage into bite size pieces and add it to the slow cooker on top of the potatoes
- Add the onion, pepper, and Italian seasoning
- Add the frozen green beans and Italian dressing
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
Do you love slow cooker recipes – check out some of these other great recipes (just click on the pictures below)
Thanks again for sharing this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage meal. I truly hope everyone enjoys it.
Will fresh green beans work in place of frozen ones?