We love our weekends – especially the lazy days when we can lounge around and relax. One of my kids favorite weekend breakfast treats are waffles. Well, with Valentine’s Day around the corner and my kids love for red velvet anything (see this delicious Red Velvet Milkshake), I thought I would try a Red Velvet Waffle!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups Bisquick (or other pancake/waffle mix)
- 2 tablespoons Red Velvet Cake Mix (if you want a stronger red velvet taste, use more cake mix and less Bisquick)
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Here’s what you do:
- Heat waffle maker
- Stir all ingredients together
- Pour mix (I use 1/2 cup) into the center of the waffle maker
- Bake about 3-5 minutes or until steam stops escaping the sides of the waffle maker
Want to make the waffles heart shaped? Use a heart shaped cookie cutter!
Looking for some other easy breakfast treats? Click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!