These Mini-Chicken Pot Pies are the perfect comfort food! Perfectly portioned, only need 5-ingredients and they can be ready in just about 30 minutes. Serve them as a delicious bite-sized appetizer or pair them with a small salad for a fun and easy family dinner!
Table of Contents
We love chicken pot pie, but if you know me, not only do I love to make everything small and bite-sized, I also only make super easy recipes.
You truly know that if I successfully pulled off a recipe – you can too! These Mini Chicken Pot Pies, while they are not bite-sized, they are cupcake sized – and boy are they good!
I tried the bite-sized version and these just came out better! One thing I can promise you is that they are super easy to make – only four ingredients – it is actually hard to say that I even “cooked” them, technically, I assembled them.
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 14 ounces Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup with Herbs (it comes in 10.5-ounce cans, so you will need 1 full can and 1/3 of the second can)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls – Seamless Dough Sheet (you will use probably 2.5 cans)
- 9 ounces of frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 Cup of Chicken cut into small pieces- I used Costco Kirkland Brand pre-cooked chicken strips or rotisserie chicken would work great.
- 3-inch round cookie cutter
- Cupcake pan
How to Make Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Cut 12 rounds out of the crescent roll and press them into the muffin tray.
- Mix together soup, chicken stock, vegetables, and chicken. Spoon the mixture into the cups.
- Cut strips of dough and crisscross over the soup mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 18 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
Dough: If you don’t feel like messing with cutting the dough, you can substitute biscuits that come already cut up. Just place one in each muffin hole and press it along the edges and stretch it up to the top to make a cup. The biscuits will turn out a bit firmer texture than the crescent rolls.
Chicken: We like to make it easy so we used pre-cooked chicken breast. You can also shred up a rotisserie chicken or used some leftover boneless chicken breast.
Filling the cups: You don’t want to overfill the cups with the soup mixture or it will bubble over and make a huge mess. I used about 2 tablespoons or so.
Removing the muffins: I found taking a knife and loosening them along the edges helped make them very easy to remove from the muffin tray.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- 14 ounces Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup with Herbs it comes in 10.5-ounce cans, so you will need 1 full can and 1/3 of the second can
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 3 packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls – Seamless Dough Sheet you will use probably 2.5 cans
- 9 ounces frozen vegetables thawed
- 1 Cup Chicken cut into small pieces- I used Costco Kirkland Brand pre-cooked chicken strips or rotisserie chicken would work great.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray your muffins tray with non-stick spray.
- Lay the crescent roll flat and cut out 12 rounds
- Press them in the cupcake pan along the bottom and up the sides
- In a large bowl mix the soup, thawed vegetables and cut up chicken
- Spoon the filling mix into the cups – be careful not to overfill – it will bubble up while cooking
- Using a pizza cutter, cut strips of crescent dough to cover the top of the cups – I did 2 across each way – so four strips total per cup.
- Bake about 18 minutes – until top and sides are golden brown. If the top gets too brown, cover it with foil until the bottom is cooked. I used a knife to peek along the side of the cup to check to see how cooked the sides were.
- Let cool and then use a knife to loosen and lift out of cups.