Flower Cupcakes are a surprisingly easy way to decorate your cupcakes and totally impress your friends. All you need is some frosting, marshmallows and sprinkles! You won’t believe how easy they are to make!
How to make Giant Flower Cupcakes
Today me and my two best assistants, my son Joey and my pseudo niece Maddie, were on a mission….. a cupcake mission! I must say, we killed this one! Maddie texted me a picture last week of these adorable giant flower cupcakes and of course I begged her to come over to make them with me for Princess Pinky Girl!
The best thing about these cupcakes is that they make a HUGE impression but are SUPER (and I mean super) easy to make!
Making these Giant Flower Cupcakes is actually more like assembling than cooking. They are kind of like my Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. You literally use ice cream sandwiches! It is one of my kids favorite recipes and it is so easy!
The trick with these flower cupcakes is all in the sprinkles. We really loved using these sugar sprinkles. They provided the bright sparkly color that really pops off of the white marshmallow “petals”.
One thing that we liked to do, was to mix two colors together. That gave the petals even a little more dimension. Honestly, you really cannot mess these up! Just follow our easy decorating instructions below!
Do you love anything with sprinkles? One of my favorite dessert that totally focuses on sprinkles are my Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies (shocker, huh?) They are better than the old fashioned sprinkle cookies that you used to get at the bakery! They are a must try!
Ingredients needed to make Flower Cupcakes
- Cupcake or Cake Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Colored Sugar Sprinkles
- 1 box Cupcake or Cake Mix
- 144 Mini Marshmallows
- 1 can Frosting
- Colored Sugar Sprinkles
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box and let cool completely.
- Put sprinkles in a zip lock bag - use one bag for each color sprinkles.
- Cut the mini marshmallows diagonally and place in plastic bag. Shake the bag around to cover the sticky side on the marshmallow with the sprinkles.
- Frost cupcakes one at a time and then decorate each one (don't frost all of them and then decorate because you need the frosting to not dry)
- Take the marshmallow pieces and place them along the edge of the cupcake (see picture) making a circle. Make another circle with the marshmallows inside the first circle. (We used about 12 full /24 half marshmallows for each cupcake)
- For the center of the flower, cut a mini marshmallow in half (not diagonal) and dip the sticky side in yellow sprinkles. Place in the center of the flower.
Nutrition per serving
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!