Table of Contents
Dole Tropical Fruit Chocolate Dessert Burritos
I am so excited to be part of the Dole Share the Sunshine campaign #SharetheSunshine. Dole is an amazing brand that makes it super easy and convenient to bring fruits and veggies into my families diet all year round! When they asked me to partner with them and share one of my families favorite treats – I couldn’t wait to hop on board!
Dole Packaged Foods make it super easy to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet. One of our family’s go-to snacks are Dole’s packaged Dippers – they are convenient because you can keep them in the freezer until you are ready to use and while they are great in recipes, we all love them on their own too! They are a quick healthy snack and the chocolate covering makes my kids think they are just getting a delicious snack (not a healthy one too). They come in strawberry, banana and pineapple and we LOVE them all!
One of our favorite desserts using the Dippers is my Dessert Burritos! They are full of ooey, gooey, warm deliciousness and I love how versatile they can be. Add banana, or use crunchy peanut butter. Swap marshmallow cream for marshmallows. Add additional fresh fruit such as kiwi or mango. So many options!
I also love that it’s a burrito so everything inside it stays warm. You can make them on the grill or in the oven – so it is a great year round treat. If you are having a summer party, assemble them ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Then, when you are ready for dessert – pop them on the grill!!
Here is what you need:
- 1 can (15 oz) Dole Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 box (6.36 oz) Dole Pineapple Dippers, thawed
- 1 box (7.38 oz) Dole Strawberry Dippers, thawed
- Peanut Butter
- Marshmallow Cream
- 6 Flour Tortillas, Burrito Size
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Aluminum Foil (about 18″ long per burrito)
Here is what you do:
- Preheat your outdoor grill.
- Place one tortilla onto a piece of foil.
- Spread with peanut butter or marshmallow cream, or both!
- Add about 4 Dole Strawberry Dippers, about 4 Pineapple Dippers and 4-6 mandarin orange slices on top of the peanut butter or marshmallow cream. (I also love the Banana Dippers on the burrito too!)
- Roll up your burrito by folding the sides in, then the ends. Lay folded side down on the foil.
- Spread melted butter on to the burrito and top with cinnamon sugar. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Heat until warmed through, about 10-20 minutes depending on how hot your grill is. Turn a few times. Carefully unwrap your burrito and place directly on the grill grate for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the tortilla shell begins to get crispy. Remove from heat, slice in half and serve.
Makes 6 full size burritos.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dole. All opinions are 100% mine.
Looking for some other delicious and easy desserts – just click on the pictures below: