Table of Contents
Monkey Bread is delicious, but add Hershey Kisses wrapped inside the flakey biscuits covered in cinnamon sugar and we get a Chocolate Monkey Bread recipe that will blow your mind!
Chocolate-Filled Monkey Bread Recipe
Monkey Bread is a classic recipe that I recently discovered. It is basically refrigerated biscuits, coated in cinnamon sugar and covered with a delicious caramel sauce.
But this monkey bread recipe is different than our classic Monkey Bread Recipe. We are adding a new element into it! Chocolate!
We’re not talking just drizzling chocolate over the top of the monkey bread, we are going all in! Literally! We are wrapping the biscuits in Hershey Kisses, so each and every bite is guaranteed a happy ending, hence…Chocolate Filled Monkey Bread!
Looking for another easy dessert recipe, but need some more chocolate involved. This Crockpot Candy Recipe involves chocolate, peanuts and all things delicious!
What I love most about it is how easy it is to make and how hard it is to mess up! It is best served warm and then grab some friends and literally digs in.
It is like a pull-apart bread on steroids!
There are different schools of thought on how to make monkey bread. There is the how to make monkey bread from scratch camp and then there is mine! How to make monkey bread using canned biscuits!
Yup! I absolutely take the easy way out here! I am all about easy recipes and easy desserts are my specialty, so why should this be any exception! (hey…did you know you can also make monkey bread in an instant pot? Check out our Instant Pot Monkey Bread Recipe if you have one!)
How to make chocolate-filled monkey bread
As I mentioned, the beauty of Monkey Bread is how easy it is to make. Each bite is guaranteed a delicious oozing bite of chocolate!
The first step is to separate your dough pieces into quarters. Then slightly flatten them out.
Place some Christmas sprinkles (or any other type of sprinkles) on the quartered biscuit. Place one Hershey Kiss in the center of the biscuit and roll the biscuit into a ball and set it aside.
Repeat this step with each of the biscuits.
Pour the cinnamon and sugar into a ziplock bag. Place all of the biscuit balls into the ziplock and zip it closed. Shake the bag until all of the biscuits are covered in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Remove the balls from the bag and place into your bundt pan.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together until fully melted.
Pour the caramel sauce over the biscuits, coating as evenly as possible.
Place in oven for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to cool for no more than 5 minutes (it could stick it you leave it longer.)
Place the top of a plate onto the top of the bundt pan and turn the monkey bread over onto the plate to remove from pan.
Sprinkle some more Christmas sprinkles all over the monkey bread before enjoying!
Add different Hershey Kisses or Sprinkles for different holiday Monkey Breads!
- New Year’s Eve Monkey Bread – Candy Cane Kisses and Sliver and Gold Sprinkles
- Valentine’s Day Monkey Bread – Caramel Kisses and Valentines Sprinkles
- Fourth of July Monkey Bread – Hershey Hugs and Red, White & Blue Sprinkls
- Halloween Monkey Bread – Pumpkin Spice Kisses and Halloween Sprinkles
Chocolate Filled Monkey Bread
- 3 cans Flakey biscuits 16.3 ounce cans
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 package Hershey Kisses It doesn't matter which flavor you use
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly great the bundt pan with the cooking spray, set aside
- Open the cans and place the biscuits onto the cutting board
- Cut biscuits into quarters and flatten each quarter slightly
- Sprinkle some christmas sprinkles into the center
- Place a unwrapped hershey kiss into the center of the biscuit
- Roll the biscuit into a ball and set aside
- Repeat step with remaining biscuit quarters
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 1 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar on medium heat. Mix unitl melted.
- Spoon some of the caramel sauce in to the bottom of the bundt pan (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- Pour the sugar and ground cinnamon into the ziplock bag and shake to combine.
- Add in several dough balls into the ziplock bag and shake until fully coated
- Remove the balls from ziplock bag and place into the bundt pan
- Repeat step until all dough balls are coated in sugar
- Pour the remainder of the sauce all over the biscuits
- Place into the oven to bake for 40-55 minutes or until the crust is a deep brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for no more than 5 minutes (otherwise, it may stick to the pan)
- Place the top of a plate onto the top of the bundt pan and turn the monkey bread over onto the serving plate
- Sprinkle some more Christmas sprinkles all over the monkey bread before enjoying!
- Serve warm!