Chocolate Mint Graham Cracker Crunch is the perfect to celebrate dessert for St. Patrick’s Day or whenever you just crave a hint of mint
Hi again, Princess Pinky readers! Nicole from 365(ish) Days of Pinterest here with another easy treat – Chocolate Mint Graham Cracker Crunch. This is such an easy recipe to make and serves a crowd. You know that Saltine Toffee stuff that everyone goes nuts over at Christmas? This is similar to that, only better. 😉
I don’t like corned beef. I’m not a huge fan of cabbage. Potato soup makes me sad. Shepherd’s Pie turns my husband’s stomach. So, I guess you could say we’d throw a terrible St. Patrick’s Day party. For me, when it comes to St. Patrick’s Day, the closest I get to authentic is green. What’s the best way to eat green food, you ask? (Aside from a nice healthy kale salad) Mint! More specifically, chocolate and mint. I am a huge fan of chocolate mint. This sweet treat is a variation of my Valentine’s Day Graham Cracker Crunch from last year-Chocolate Mint Graham Cracker Crunch.
USEFUL TOOLS WE LOVE
You can vary this recipe for other holidays too:
- For Valentine’s Day – use strawberry extract, swap red candy melts and Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- For Christmas – use green candy melts and Christmas sprinkles
There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you buy something from that link, I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you anything additional.
Want some fun St. Patrick’s Day Recipes?
All Things Rainbow:
All Things Mint:
Chocolate Mint Graham Cracker Crunch
- 10-12 chocolate graham crackers enough to fill a large baking sheet
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup green candy melts
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place graham crackers close together on the sheet. (You don't have to break them apart before cooking.)
- In a small sauce pan, bring the butter and brown sugar and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the brown sugar mix over the crackers, being sure to cover each one.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers. Let sit for a couple minutes to soften and then spread the chocolate over the crackers.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions then stir in the peppermint and pour over the chocolate. Carefully spread it out to cover the chocolate layer. A little swirling and mixing is OK-it's pretty! 😉
- Top with sprinkles and let harden (you can speed up the process by putting the pan in the freezer for about 10 minutebefore cutting into pieces to serve.
I was bummed that I couldn’t find any four leaf clover sprinkles or something fun like that. But I guess that keeps this recipe from being too seasonal. You can certainly enjoy chocolate mint any time of the year, right?
Speaking of chocolate mint, check out these other recipe on Nicole’s blog!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!