I have recently become completely and utterly obsessed with the Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mocha latte. I honestly have a problem. I have to limit myself to one a week (okay, maybe two and one on the weekend). When my sister, Julie, and I were making desserts for Thanksgiving we decided to transform that Starbucks deliciousness to our very own original dessert – the Peppermint Mocha Truffle!
These Peppermint Mocha Truffles and the perfect no-bake dessert! The combination of chocolate, peppermint and the slightest hint of coffee is simply perfect (if I do say so myself). The best part is that they are really easy to make and can be prepared and frozen until needed – but I promise you, they won’t last long at all!!!
Peppermint Mocha Truffle
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- candy melts
- crushed candy canes
- Combine all ingredients (except candy melts and crushed candy canes) in a medium size bowl
- Refrigerate for one hour
- Scoop and roll into small balls and lay on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Place into freezer to harden
- Melt candy melts according to directions on packaging
- Dip truffle balls into the melted chocolate
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane
- Place back on cookie sheet and freeze
- Serve directly from freezer
Check out the cute peppermint bowls I put the truffles in – they are REALLY easy to make – just click on the picture below for the full tutorial!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!