This Chocolate Bundt Cake is rich but not cloyingly sweet, moist but not soggy, and frosted with a gleaming chocolate ganache that makes it beautiful to look at before eating (and you use a boxed cake mix!)
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, which means chocolate gets to take the center stage. Even if you’ve been holding strong to your New Year’s resolutions, you’re going to want to take a cheat day for this Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Bundt Cake.
It literally is the BEST chocolate bundt cake I’ve had in my life. It’s rich but not cloyingly sweet, moist but not soggy, and frosted with a gleaming chocolate ganache that makes it beautiful to look at before eating.
Hello again, Princess Pinky Girl readers! It’s Nicole from 365(ish) Days of Pinterest and I’m here this month to share this delicious chocolate bundt cake with you.
I brought it over to a family game night and it got rave reviews. My brother (who rarely voices praise for a recipe) declared it the best chocolate cake he’s ever had. It’s one of those things that you KNOW will be good the instant you see it on the plate in front of you.
The recipe for this Chocolate Lovers Bundt Cake is actually quite simple. It starts with a boxed cake mix (gasp!) and then you do a little “fancying up” to make it rich and better than a bakery cake!
I use a similar punched up recipe for my Funfetti Trifle and it makes all the difference when you want to use a boxed cake mix. Then I added an easy ganache for the frosting and it became a chocolate lover’s dream!
This easy dessert is easy to make, chocolatey beyond belief and so moist you will not believe your taste buds!
Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Bundt Cake:
- Devil’s food cake mix
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Sour Cream
- Almond Extract
- Chocolate Chips
- Heave Cream
- Bundt Pan
Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Bundt Cake
This Chocolate Bundt Cake is rich but not cloyingly sweet, moist but not soggy, and frosted with a gleaming chocolate ganache that makes it beautiful to look at before eating.
For the Cake:
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz Box Instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the ganache:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped semi-sweet chocolate baking bar)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Mix on low until blended and then on medium for 4 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter (it's thick) into the pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While the cake is cooling, bring the heavy cream just to a boil. Place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over the top. DO NOT STIR. Allow to sit uncovered for 10 minutes. After the cream has cooled for 10 minutes, gently stir until the melted chocolate and cream blends into a smooth, shiny chocolate ganache.
- Place a baking sheet under the wire rack and pour the chocolate ganache over the cake. Save the excess ganache to use as frosting, or pull it back out and pour it over the cake for a second coat.
- Serve with cold milk-it's rich!
Check out more of Nicole’s delicious dessert recipes!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!