Quick to prep, even quicker to clean up–this Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is a delicious, complete meal that is made using just one sheet pan!
Get a complete dinner – delicious Italian chicken, seasoned potatoes and roasted green beans all on one pan and ready in 30 minutes!
Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
There isn’t a more well-rounded and satisfying dinner than one that has meat, potatoes, and vegetables. But sometimes, these types of dinners can take a while to put together. Not this one!
This sheet pan dinner has all three, and the best part is that it’s super simple and quick to make! The total prep time is only 10 minutes while the cooking time is just 60.
In just over an hour you have an entire dinner–main dish and sides– ready to serve 4-6 people!
What is a Sheet Pan Dinner
Sheet pan dinners are easy to make dinner meals, where everything you need for the entire meal is made by just using a single sheet pan. I love making these recipes because they are quick to prep, and even quicker to clean up!
Our Italian chicken sheet pan dinner is made using green beans, potatoes, and chicken. All cooked together on the same baking pan. To season the meat and veggies you will be using dry Italian seasoning, which is where the name comes from!
- 3-4 Chicken breasts
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- 2 packages of dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 stick of butter, cut into 12 equal pieces
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
Substitutions Your Sheet Pan Dinner
Veggies: Fresh green beans work best for this sheet pan recipe. You could also use canned green beans, but be sure to drain and dry them very well first. If you are not a fan of green beans, you could swap them out completely and opt for a different veggie like brussels sprouts or fresh broccoli or cauliflower.
Potatoes: I love russet potatoes and I tend to use them in most recipes that call for potatoes. Another great option for this recipe is to use baby reds! You could also use a mixture of both.
Chicken: I suggest sticking with chicken for this recipe, as it cooks best on the same sheet pan with potatoes and veggies. However, the style of chicken you want to use could easily be changed up. You can just use cut up chicken breasts as I suggested here. You could also use chicken tenders.
*Note on butter: you can choose unsalted or salted butter for this recipe. Just make sure that you are using a stick of butter instead of dollops of butter from a tub. You will be adding salt and pepper and the Italian seasoning also has salt. So, in my opinion it’s better to stick with unsalted butter here, but that’s totally up to you and your taste buds!
How to Make Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Season cut potatoes.
- Place the green beans on one side of the baking sheet, the chicken in the middle, and the potatoes on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining dry Italian seasoning packet, salt and pepper over the entire sheet pan contents.
- Place pads of butter evenly over all of the ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip 1: Frozen green beans do not work well in this dish. It makes the bottom of the pan very watery and causes the potatoes to get mushy. Fresh green beans are best.
Tip 2: You can substitute canned green beans in this meal if you drain them of all liquids first.
Tip 3: Make sure that you are using a sheet pan for this recipe! This does not work well in a 9×13 baking dish. The liquid stays in the ingredients and your chicken is wet, and the potatoes come out very mushy. Some of the flavor is lost in the liquid as well.
Tip 4: You don’t have to cut your chicken breasts if you’d prefer not to. I would suggest placing them in a ziploc bag and using a meat mallet to flatten them to a more consistent size so that they cook evenly, if you plan to leave them whole!
Tip 5: I really recommend using a stick of butter that is cut into 12 square pieces. This makes it much easier to disperse the butter evenly across the entire pan. It also makes for the exact right amount of butter so that your recipe is not too buttery, or not buttery enough. Don’t use dollops of butter as it can be hard to measure these out correctly.
MORE EASY DINNER RECIPES
Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3-4 Chicken breasts
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 packages dry italian dressing mix
- 1 stick butter cut into 12 equal pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the green beans and potatoes.
- Cut off the ends of the green beans. Cut the green beans in half.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine potato pieces, onion, 2 tbsp olive oil, and 1 packet of dry italian seasoning mix. Stir well.
- Pat chicken breasts dry. Trim and cut each breast in half, or quarters depending on your preference.
- Place green beans on one side of the baking sheet, chicken in the middle, and potatoes on the other side.
- Sprinkle the remaining dry italian seasoning packet, salt. and pepper over the sheet pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Stir potatoes and green beans. Place back in the oven and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Frozen green beans do not work well in this dish. It makes the bottom of the pan watery and causes the potatoes to be very mushy. Fresh green beans are the best. You can substitute canned green beans in this meal if you drain them of all liquids first.
- This does not work well in a 9x13 baking dish. The liquid stays in the ingredients and your chicken is wet, and potatoes come out very mushy. Some of the flavor is lost in the liquid as well.
- You don’t have to cut your chicken breasts. We suggest placing them in a ziplock bag and using a meat mallet to flatten them to a more consistent size so they cook evenly if leaving whole.
Get ready for a new favorite family dinner! In just over an hour you have a healthy and delicious meal. Plus, you’ll love how simple and quick it is to make this Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner. Enjoy!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!