These 3 ingredients Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Bites are not only a home run, they are a grand slam (and yes, I had to call my husband to find out what this it is called when you have a home run and bring all of the runners in…. he made fun of me).
Table of Contents
I made these Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Bites in honor of our friend, Steve – Happy Birthday Steve!!! One of my most favorite attorney’s ever (besides my husband, of course). The greatest thing about them is that they really only require 3 ingredients and they are items you can keep in your pantry as a JIC (just in case) dessert emergency comes up!! (of course I had to load them up with other yummy stuff, but you don’t have to, they will still be fabulous!)
Here is what you need:
- 1 Box of Devil Foods Cake Mix
- 1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- Optional topping – cream cheese frosting & crushed up Butterfingers candy bar
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix together cake mix and pumpkin in a bowl until smooth – it will be pretty thick
- Place a small spoonful of batter in each muffin cup
- Place one Rolo on top of the spooned in batter
- Cover the Rolo with another large spoonful of the batter
- Bake for 16 minutes
- Let cool completely
- Optional – frost with the cream cheese frosting and roll in the crushed Butterfingers
- Makes approx. 36 mini bites
Looking for some other super easy desserts, just click on the pictures below:
Your 3 ingredient caramel chocolate pumpkin cupcakes look so yummy! I look forward to trying a gluten free version of them this fall. I’ll be sure to let you know how they turn out! 🙂
Would gf cake mix work? I’ve never tried using in recipes before.
Never tried it, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t.
Is the cake mix just the dry powder or should I add in the eggs and stuff?
Hi Julie – just the dry powder – that’s what makes them SO easy!!!
what about using a brownie mix instead of the cake mix?
I haven’t tried it, but please let me know if it works!!