Candied Pecans are the perfect topping for salads, desserts, a great food gift, and the most irresistible snack! These easy to make Candied Pecans are coated with delicious cinnamon sugar and are guaranteed to become a family favorite!
We love to top our desserts with these homemade candied pecans. Some of our favorites to try them out on are our Caramel Apple Nachos and our Instant Pot French Toast (okay, so this isn’t technically a dessert!)
Easy Candied Pecans
Candied pecans are sweet, salty, crunchy and absolutely delicious. This Candied Pecans recipe is made with simple ingredients then baked in the oven until perfectly toasted and incredibly fragrant.
Hi guys, it’s Kathy from Lemon Blossoms and I am super excited to share with you one of my favorite and super addicting recipes!
Slow roasted pecans with a spiced candy coating are one of my favorite snacks and a great topping for so many recipes.
Buying a bag of candied nuts at the supermarket can be expensive – especially if you take a closer look at the size of the bag! (Seriously, why are they so small?). Making these glazed pecans at home is so much better and budget friendly!
This Candied Pecans recipe is super versatile. You can use any type of nuts – like walnuts, almonds, and cashews.
You can also substitute the spices with ingredients like smoked paprika, ground cumin, ginger and ground cayenne pepper for some heat! (But sugar coated is our personal favorite!)
How To Make Candied Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the sugars, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white and 1 tablespoon of water until slightly frothy. Set aside.
- Add the pecans into the bowl with the egg white mixture and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the pecans and mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the pecans on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the baking process.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool completely.
How To Store Candied Pecans?
You can store candied pecans for about one week. Just cool the candied nuts completely and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Do Candied Nuts Need To be Refrigerated?
Candied nuts do not need to be refrigerated, however, if you refrigerate them, they will keep longer (up to 4 weeks). Make sure you place them in an airtight container.
Can I Freeze Candied Nuts?
Absolutely! Candied nuts can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Great uses for Candied Pecans:
- We love them on our salads! They can totally transform a plain old salad into a delicious lunch or dinner.
- Crushed and sprinkled on top of pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie.
- Top your cinnamon rolls with some whipped topping and add them on top!
- Add some pecans to your favorite ice cream (then top it with cool whip and hot fudge!)
- Try adding candied pecans to our pumpkin spice cheesecake – totally yum!
How To Make Candied Pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 12 ounces pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with 1 tablespoon of water until lightly frothy.
- Add the pecans into the bowl with the egg white mixture and mix well. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans. Mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the pecans on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the baking process. Remove from the oven and allow the pecans to cool on the baking sheet before serving.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!