Pecan Cinnamon Roll Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting are insanely delicious! Sweet and gooey on the inside and tangy and crunchy on top, these are the best combination of flavors, making it perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home! I am thrilled to be contributing to Princess Pinky Girl! If you think these Pecan Cinnamon Roll Muffins look great than I hope you swing by my blog to see a bunch of other delicious recipes and easy home DIY projects!
Okay, back to these incredibly delicious and decadent muffins! Now that Spring time is just around the corner, I have turned my sights on perfecting my brunch menu. Spring brings lots of reasons to brunch and get together earlier in the day than at other times of the year. This is the perfect time to bust out all those brunch recipes you’ve been pinning all winter!
I love cinnamon rolls but am admittedly not the best baker. I hate measuring and being precise in the kitchen, so I really am a better cook than baker, but I can still whip up some delicious sweet treats when need be! These cinnamon roll muffins are semi-homemade, which is one of my favorite entertaining tricks. Take a little help from the store to create something incredible that will knock your guests socks off!
You are basically dressing up store bought cinnamon roll dough. The dough gets cut in pieces, put in a muffin tin, and then covered with a delicious brown sugar butter mixture! The mixture cooks into all the little crevices in the muffin tin and you get lots of pockets of brown sugar and butter cooked into the muffins! To make these even more delicious, I added pecans to the mix. You definitely could leave these out, but I think they add so much to the texture! Cinnamon rolls are also pretty sweet, so the pecans add just a hint of salt that really works so well with the sugar.
What’s a cinnamon roll without frosting? I prefer my cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting than with just a glaze and I am sharing a really easy recipe for frosting here with you all. The tang of the cream cheese works so well with the sweet muffin. I leave my cream cheese frosting on the tangier side so feel free to add more powdered sugar if you would like!
I hope you are enjoying the upswing in the weather and getting ready to celebrate the fun spring holidays! These Pecan Cinnamon Roll Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting will be a hit on your menu and your guests will be asking for the (so easy!) recipe!
Pecan Cinnamon Roll Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 heaping tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract divided
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. room temperature butter
- 4 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray half a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut unbaked cinnamon rolls into pieces, about 9 pieces a roll. Stick pieces into the muffin tin wells and push them together.
- Pour mixture evenly over each muffin.Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and run a knife around each muffin. Let cool for 10 minutes. While cooling, prepare frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and cream cheese. Mix on medium, then increase to high or until smooth and fluffy. Slow add powdered sugar. Beat again on medium until sugar is well incorporated. Add lemon juice and milk and beat for 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy. Frosting should be slightly thinner than cupcake frosting.
- Once muffins have cooled, slather frosting on the top of each muffin. Garnish with remaining pecans.Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
Looking for more breakfast and brunch recipes?
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!