These Caramel Apple Crisp Bites are the perfect recipe to make with all of those delicious fresh apples you pick in the fall!
Ahhhhh….. Fall is here. The air is crisp and cool. The leaves are changing colors. BUT, best of all it is apple picking season!! (our family’s favorite apples are large Golden Delicious apple, right off the tree – what is yours?)
My family and some friends went apple picking today. There is nothing like a fresh apple picked right off of the tree! However, it is easy to get carried away and over pick – which only means one thing – APPLE RECIPES!
You have heard me cook with my sister, my kids, my niece and my almost-niece… but today was a special treat – I got to cook with my husband!
Adam is my best taste tester and my best critic. When I told him I wanted to make apple crisp bites (I have a little obsession with bite sized desserts) – he jumped right in to help!
See How-To Video and Instructions Below:
Ingredients needed to make Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- Graham cracker crumbs (I used store bought in a can. I find these to work the best)
- 1Powdered sugar
- Apples (we used golden delicious)
- Brown sugar
- Caramel topping
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used store bought in a can. I find these to work the best)
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples (we used golden delicious)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Caramel topping (store bought!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease pan with non-stick butter spray
- Melt butter
- In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon (slowly add the butter and evenly distribute - PLEASE SEE UPDATE/NOTE BELOW)
- Evenly distribute mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Press along the bottom and sides to make a "cup"
- Bake for 5 minutes and let cool completely
- Chop the apples into little pieces - I used a mini food processor. Don't puree, just finely chop
- Mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
- Bake in a baking dish for 15 minutes on 375 degrees, until apples are slightly softened
- Scoop a teaspoon or so of the apple mix and place on top of the graham cracker crust cups (while still in the muffin pan)
- Sprinkle any extra graham cracker on top of the apples (I had some left over!)
- Bake for 5 minutes on 350
- Let cool completely
- Use a knife to loosen from pan and they should pop right out
- Drizzle with caramel topping
UPDATE/NOTE: Some people have found the crust recipe to work perfect, while some others found the 12 tablespoons of butter was way to much and the butter started to pool - you may want to start by using 1/2 C butter (1 stick vs. 1 1/2 sticks, or 12 T). Melt the butter and add slowly to the crumbs, a little bit at a time, making sure it’s not too wet. You can always add more or save the leftover butter for later. You want a soft dough that sticks together slightly when you try to form a ball, not a wet dough.
Looking for other easy desserts
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!