I love playing with sidewalk chalk! What is better than the BIGGEST chalkboard ever – my driveway!!! A piece of chalk and a driveway provide hours of entertainment…. there is SO much you can do with it! You can draw pictures, make up games, draw an entire track of cities to play with trucks on! So when I found out that I could make my own, that opened up a whole new world of possibilities AND The best news is that it is CHEAP AND if you have the right mold you can make ANY shapes!!!
Here is what you need:
- Plaster of Paris (dry powder, not mixed. They have this at Michaels)
- Tempera Paint – have fun with the colors!
- Silicon Mold
- Disposable Cups
- Plastic Spoons
Here is what you do:
- For each color you will need a separate cup.
- Fill each cup with 3/4 cup of water.
- Add 1/4 cup of paint
- Add 1 cup of Plaster of Paris
- Mix well
- Pour mixture into molds (I cleaned up the edges with a paper towel)
- If you want to layer colors just pour the first color in and add the second or third on top (see picture below – don’t mix them)
- Let dry for 24 hours. Remove them from the mold (be careful because they are still soft and you need to carefully pop them out). Let them dry outside the molds for an additional 24 hours!
- Presto – your own homemade sidewalk chalk!!!! So fun!!
Looking for some creative ideas to do with your new homemade sidewalk chalk, check these out:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!