One of my favorite things to do is spend the afternoon cooking with friends – I especially love when I have someone new to cook with! Every time someone comes over to teach me one of their favorite recipes, it is its own unique experience. Today was so much fun – my friend Amy came over and taught me to make her Spinach Pie recipe! I met Amy on my mom’s trip to Israel – it was an incredible experience and gift that has kept on giving. Amy is one of those people that you can see the kindness in her eyes. She is so easy to talk to and I can’t tell you how much I loved spending the afternoon cooking with her!
Now, on to the recipe that Amy taught me – this Easy Spinach Pie recipe is just that, but more! It is not only easy, is DELICIOUS! This is a great recipe to whip up during the day and pop in the oven in time for dinner!
Here’s what you need:
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray pie dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Place pie crust in dish
- In a skillet, melt the butter and saute the onion until it is soft and tender. Add spinach (be sure to squeeze all of the water out of it), salt, pepper and nutmeg for about 4 minutes (all of the water from the spinach should evaporate)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cheeses (ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan) and add the egg – mix well.
- Add the spinach and onion mixture and mix everything together
- Place the mixture on top of the pie crust and spread evenly
- Bake 45 – 60 minutes until the center is set and the top is starting to brown
Looking for some other Super Easy Meals? Click on the pictures below: