Table of Contents
Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Bars. Calling all lovers of sweet chocolaty goodness! This mouth-watering, ooey gooey bar is the perfect combination of chewy brownies and the new Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pebbles cereal…it doesn’t get any better, I promise!
Love brownies? We do too! One of our other favorite brownie recipes is our Salted Caramel Brownies. They are really easy to make and delicious!
I am excited to partner with Post Pebbles as a Blogger Ambassador on this tasty and delicious recipe!
I am so glad that summer is here giving us time to reconnect as a family and make some great memories over these next couple months. One of our favorite things to do together is bake. I love recipes that can involve the kids and this recipe for Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Bars certainly fits the bill.
We are big fans of Post’s Pebbles cereals and they recently came out with a brand-new flavor – Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pebbles! That’s right – peanut butter and chocolate!
When I opened the box (and this is no exaggeration) and smelled the cereal, my nose did a happy dance. Seriously. There was no doubt, this new flavor had to be used in an ooey gooey bar and they couldn’t be easier to make.
Do you love Pebbles cereals too? We have loved partnering with them on some other of our new favorite recipes. These Fruity Pebbles Breakfast Muffins have become a staple in our house!
All you need is a handful of ingredients and you will be on your way!
How to make Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Bars
You are going to start with an 8×8 baking pan of brownies. I think that the store-bought mixes are more that good for this dessert. You’ll simply make the brownies according to the directions on the box.
Remove the brownies from the oven and, while hot, add spoonfuls of the marshmallow cream on top of the brownies. The heat of the brownies will melt the marshmallow cream and make it easy to spread.
If you find that it isn’t melting all the way, cover the pan with a sheet of foil or a silicon lid for a minute or two. This will trap the heat and help melt the marshmallow cream.
For the top layer, microwave the butter in a large bowl for 15-20 seconds, until melted. Add the 3 cups of mini marshmallows and stir to thoroughly coat. Microwave for another 45 seconds and stir until smooth. If marshmallows aren’t completely melted, microwave for another 20 seconds and re-stir.
Mix in 3 cups of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pebbles and toss until completely coated. Drop spoonfuls of the Pebbles mix over the melted marshmallow cream layer and spread out evenly. I find it helpful to coat a disposable glove (or a sandwich baggie) with a little cooking spray and gently press down on the Pebbles mix to spread it out.
Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting. Remember, these are ooey gooey bars and the amazing gooey center can spread a bit when you cut the bars. Just have some extra napkins handy!
These Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Bars have definitely become a new family favorite. I know your family will love them just as much as we do!
Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pebbles Brownie Bars
- 1 Box Store-bought brownie mix
- 7 oz. Marshmallow cream
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted
- 3 cups Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pebbles
- 3-1/2 cups Mini marshmallows
- Make brownies in 8×8 pan according to box directions.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and while hot, drop spoonfuls of marshmallow cream on top.
- Allow the marshmallow cream to melt and spread. If cream doesn’t completely melt, lightly cover dish with sheet of foil for few minutes to trap heat and help the melting process.
- For the top Pebbles layer, microwave butter in a large bowl for 20 seconds until melted.
- Microwave for 45-50 seconds and stir until smooth. (Microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds if marshmallows don’t completely melt.)
- Mix in Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pebbles cereal.
- Drop large spoonfuls of Pebbles mix on top of marshmallow cream and spread out evenly. Use a disposable glove coated with cooking spray to help spread and pat down the mixture.
- Allow bars to completely cool and set before cutting. Ooey gooey middle may spread when cut if not completely cooled.
Need some where to keep your kitchen utensils? Check out this super cute DIY Utensil Holder. This is a great project to do with your kids and the perfect place to store their very own set of utensils!