The season of baking is almost upon us. It is time to stock up on butter, flour, and all of the other lovely ingredients that will blend together to make the most delicious sweet treat! These Mint Chocolate Cookies are sure to become your new go to cookie!
Baking for friends and family is something that I, TheSeasideBaker, love to do most. During the holidays we bake hundreds of cookies and make numerous pounds of fresh candy. It is a family tradition that my children have come to know and love. We then wrap everything up and gift the boxes to everyone we know.
Do you love baking Christmas Cookies? Then you MUST check out Princess Pinky Girls round-up of more than 40+ Amazing Christmas Cookie Recipes!
Holiday baking is a serious time around here. My 10 year old daughter and I sit down for a few hours at the beginning of December and design our box. We like to have a good variety.
Being a food blogger, people kind of expect the good stuff from us. But at the same time we don’t want to overwhelm ourselves. Which is why planning everything out in advance is necessary.
Along with pretty decorated sugar cookies, cute gingerbread men, and some of the best homemade caramel in town, we also make these Mint Chocolate Cookies. Dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with more mint chunks, these cookies are perfect.
Trust me, even the not so big mint fans will love these Mint Chocolate Cookies.
The actual cookie portion is a double chocolate minty dough, cooked to a chewy crisp. While the cookies are perfect as is, I think they make a glamorous finish dipped. This final touch definitely adds to the finished bow or tin.
If Andes mints are not your thing, you can also sub them out for some crushed candy cane. They will be a bit more crunchy but oh so cute!
For more holiday cookie and candy recipes, check out my blog, Theseasidebaker.com as well as a few of our favorite recipes below the Mint Chocolate Cookies recipe.
Mint Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint chocolate chunks plus more for garnish
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or cooking mat.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each addition.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually mix in flour with wet (butter and eggs) mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and mint chips; stir to combine.
- Scoop out 1 inch scoops and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate then sprinkle with mint chunks.
- Place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
Looking for more Christmas Cookie Ideas?? Check out some of our favorites!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!