What is a Bread Cone of Goodness? Disney’s Hollywood Studios are now serving Mac ‘N Cheese Bread Cones.
Hey Ya’ll, This is Diane from Recipes for our Daily Bread. I want to thank Princess Pinky Girl for allowing me to share a recipe with you. Princess Pinky Girl is all about fun and easy ideas that the family will love. I think this Bread Cone falls into fun, easy, convenient, and cute idea categories.
We are big Disney fans. I recently read an article from News Talk Florida titled “Disney Rolls Out Mac ‘N Cheese Bread Cone”. Since, it is an easy drive to Disney World from south Alabama and other areas in the south we have lived; we have visited many times. I love blogging about all the new ideas I find in the park. We were there this past spring for a week. If you need any Disney tips, especial restaurant recommendations be sure to check out all my Disney World and Disney Wonder posts.
I could not wait to try Disney’s Bread Cone idea, so I made it myself. I used frozen dinner rolls. I thawed them out, rolled them out, and cut the bread dough into long strips. After making a cone I made out of a folder and foil, I wrapped it with the bread dough, baked it and filled it with Mac & Cheese. OH MY! It not only worked, but it was the cutest convenient package for eating while on the go. You can tell from the smile on my special needs son’s face that he loved the Bread Cone. I added my Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese to the bread cone and topped it with crumbled bacon. This Bread Cone filled with Mac & Cheese was Creamy, Crunchy, Delicious and fun to eat! I look forward to trying another food in the cone.
How to make a Bread Cone
- 1 Manila envelope
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil 12 inches by 18 inches. Folded in half lengthwise.
- 3 frozen bread dough balls
- Thaw the frozen bread dough
- Roll the envelope up into a cone shape.
- Take the heavy foil and fold it to a 6 by 18 inch piece.
- Roll the foil around the cone shape envelop.
- Flatten the rolls out lengthwise as much as possible.
- Cut each roll into three lengthwise pieces.
- Start at the bottom of the foil and wrap a piece of bread dough around it.
- Make sure to close the bread dough tight at the bottom.
- Continue wrapping the bread dough pieces.
- Seal each piece together as you add another bread dough strip by pressing tightly.
- Continue adding the bread dough strips until you have reached your desired height of the cone.
- Remove the folder from the center of the cone.
- Place the foil with the bread dough on it upside down on a baking tray.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!