Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are the most adorable dessert that will bring a smile to everyone’s face. Made using a simple box cake mix, and sprinkled with cheer (and colorful sprinkles), you will enjoy celebrating with these fun treats.
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
What is a celebration without dessert? Boring! We love to celebrate with family and friends whether it is a birthday party, graduation, anniversary, baby shower, you name it we love to celebrate it. These adorable ice cream cone cupcakes will make your celebration that much sweeter.
The best part about this recipe, besides tasting absolutely delicious, is how simple they are to make. Begin with a basic box cake mix in a flavor your family loves and half the work is already done for you. It is one of our family’s favorite recipes and I am sure it will be yours too!
Hey guys, this is Shannon from The Food Cafe and I love to make desserts and watch and hear the “oohs” and “ahhs” when your family and friends bite into something amazing.
You may also want to tantalize their tastebud with this moist and delicious Texas sheet cake or these easy chocolate dipped cake pops, made from pound cake.
How to make ice cream cone cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a 12 cup muffin pan place one flat bottomed ice cream cone (sometimes called cake cones) upright in each cup of the cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl prepare cake batter as instructed on box. Beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer until combined.
- Fill each ice cream cone 3/4 of the way, using a piping bag and tip or spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove and let cool completely for approximately 20 minutes before frosting.
Ice cream cone cupcakes frosting
To frost ice cream cone cupcakes allow them to cool at least 20-30 minutes.
- Using your favorite frosting of choice (I used whipped fluffy white) Place in a medium bowl with 3/4 cup powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Place frosting into a piping bag with a tip of your choice or into a Ziploc bag and snip the corner off at one end and frost each cupcake then top with your favorite sprinkles or chocolate chips.
How do you transport ice cream cone cupcakes?
- You can use a cereal box or sturdy cardboard box trace the outline of the bottom of the cupcake for a dozen cupcakes. Cut each circle out with scissors or sharp knife and place the ice cream cones into the holes and securely transport.
- Using the muffin tin pan, cover the top with aluminum foil and trace the bottom of the ice cream cone on the foil. Cut out the hole and then place the ice cream cone down into the hole.
- Clean a styrofoam egg carton and flip it so it lies flat. Cut the egg shape dome off of the carton and place the cupcakes into the holes of the styrofoam.
Can you bake cupcakes in ice cream cones?
Yes. It is very easy to bake cupcakes in ice cream cones and the ice cream cones do not get burnt and still taste subtly sweet and flaky.
For your next celebration of any kind, make a fun statement with these sweet and adorable ice cream cone cupcakes that will bring a smile to everyone’s face and remind that we are all kids at heart.
More Great Desserts
- Ice Cream Cake – Super Easy
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies – VIRAL RECIPE!
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake – Dessert HACK!
- Chocolate Pistachio Cake
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix (or favorite cake mix of choice)
- 12 ice cream cones
- 12 oz whipped white frosting
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a 12-cup muffin tin pan place one ice cream cone upright in each cup and set aside.
In a large bowl prepare cake mix as instructed on box. Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer until combined.
Fill each ice cream cone 3/4 of the way, using a piping bag and tip or spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove and let cool for 20 minutes before frosting.
Using your favorite frosting of choice (I used whipped fluffy white) Place in a medium bowl with 3/4 cup powdered sugar and mix until combined.
Place frosting into a piping bag with a tip of your choice or into a Ziploc bag and snip the corner off at one end and frost each cupcake then top with your favorite sprinkles.
Nutrition per serving
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!