With the summer heat upon us, these Frozen Chocolate Dipped Bananas will not only be a fun activity to do with your kids, but they will be a fresh, healthy treat for their bottomless stomachs!
Hi friends! It’s Jackie from The Seaside Baker back again with a delicious dessert.
I don’t know about you, but I am getting pretty nervous about the last day of school that is coming up. I have approximately two weeks to figure out what I am going to do with my 3 kids and work from home at the same time.
Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait to have them home and not have to spend hours in the car everyday doing drop off and pick up but I cringe at the thought of how many times I will hear “I’m bored.”
Every summer, each one of my kids goes through a massive growth spurt. Considering I am on the shorter side, this makes me incredibly happy.
The only downfall, they eat. And eat. And eat some more. With two growing boys (and one with his teenage friends) my grocery budget skyrockets during this time.
This is why I try to come up with healthy-ish, easy treats that will keep them fed throughout the day.
Not only are these Frozen Chocolate Bananas fun to eat and cheap to make, they are also a fun activity to keep the younger kids occupied.
With exception of putting the chocolate in the microwave, they do everything themselves. From peeling the bananas, to dipping them in the chocolate and decorating them, I get at least 30 minutes of peace!
A very rare commodity during the summer months. After a hot day at the beach, these frozen pops are a welcomed treat!
With toppings such as:
- toasted coconut
- peanut butter
- Crushed peanuts
Frozen Chocolate Dipped Bananas
- 4 bananas medium sized, firm but ripe
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Coconut Flakes
- Chopped Peanuts
- Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Remove banana from peel, slice in half, and stick with popsicle stick.
- Place banana pops on cookie sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your workspace by setting up all toppings.
- In a tall microwave safe glass or dish, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil on high for 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Remove bananas from freezer and dip into chocolate.
- Immediately coat with desired topping and place on lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining pops.
- Freeze until chocolate has set, about 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you are looking for some other great summer desserts – We have tons of them! Be sure to check out some of these crowd pleasers!
These Flower Pretzel Bites are also a great treat you can make with your kids! They will love the sweet and salty combination too!
This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is my families all time favorite dessert. It is perfect for a crowd!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!