These DIY Uncrustable Freezer Sandwiches are a huge time saver in the morning! Peanut Butter and Jelly Freezer Sandwiches are the perfect lunchbox solution.
Looking for some easy school lunch box ideas? How about these DIY Uncrustable Freezer Sandwiches!
I recently figured it out. I make over 900 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every year. I’m not joking! That’s because I make them every. single. day.
Well, honestly, there are a few days here and there that we are either out for lunch somewhere or eating something different. But I could probably count those days on one hand. Seriously.
Side note…looking for some other great FREEZER MEAL IDEAS – check out Princess Pinky Girls Fabulous Freezer Meal Ideas post here!
Freezer meals are my saving grace. I know it doesn’t take long to throw together a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but these DIY uncrustables make my morning school lunch box packing so much easier!
It’s not like making a sandwich in the morning is hard. I mean, it’s bread, peanut butter and jelly. But for some reason, when we’re rushing through the morning getting ready for school, the last thing I want to do is pull a bunch of stuff out of the cupboard and slap together a quick sandwich.
I’ll admit, I’ve bought those pre-made frozen sandwiches before just to make my life easier. But the frugal woman inside me has won out and I’ve started making my own freezer sandwiches.
They are easy to do in batches, thaw perfectly in lunch boxes, and save so much time in the mornings!
How to Make DIY Uncrustable Freezer Sandwiches
- Spread the peanut butter and jelly on the bread.
- Press the sandwich cutter in the center of the bread firmly.
- Place sandwiches in a sealed bag (make sure to get all of the air out.
- Lay the bags on a cookie tray and place in the freezer overnight.
- Toss them all into a giant freezer bag and pull out as needed.
DIY Uncrustable Peanut Butter and Jelly Freezer Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup strawberry jelly (or any flavor)
- 16 slices bread
- Spread jelly in a circle on one slice of bread
- Spread creamy peanut butter in a circle on another slice of bread
- Put the sandwich together and then use a sandwich cutter to slice out the center of the bread and press the edges.
- Immediately place in a sealed baggie
- Repeat until all the bread is used up (I like to do two loaves of bread at a time while watching TV)
- Lay the sandwiches out flat on a tray and freeze before stacking them up or tossing them all in a big gallon-sized bag in the freezer. That will keep them from getting smashed.
- Grab and go!
Nutrition per serving
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!