Do you love Starbucks Cold Brew Iced Coffee, but hate the waiting and the price?
Table of Contents
Do you love Starbucks Cold Brew Iced Coffee? Does it totally hit the spot on a hot summer afternoon. Do you slurp down that deliciousness faster than it took you to wait in line to hand over your money? Well, coffee lovers rejoice! My sister, Julie, introduced me to a make at home, DIY version of this deliciously, super smooth cold brew iced coffee that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere and for a whole lot cheaper than your favorite coffee shop!
Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup coarse ground coffee
- Cream optional, milk, sugar, half and half, almond milk
- Jar or carafe with a good sealing top
- Paper coffee filter or reusable coffee filter preferred
- Storage pitcher
- Pour water in to your jar
- Add coffee grounds
- Mix well with a spoon
- Seal jar or carafe and place on counter for 12 – 24 hours
- Place funnel with either paper coffee filter or reusable filter inside of funnel (to catch the coffee grounds)
- Place this over the pitcher in which you will be storing the coffee
- Pour the coffee mixture into the filter and allow to drain into the pitcher
- Serve over ice and add milk, sugar, etc. to taste
- Makes approx. 4 cups. Keep refrigerated for up to one week
If you don’t want the hassle of messing with the filter- I found this super cool Cold Brew kit! It is SUPER SMART! Check it out here:
Looking for some other great copycat recipes? Just click on the pictures below:
Recipe calls for 1/2 ground coffee. 1/2 what ? 1/2 cup or something else. Please advise.
Ooooopppsss – my bad (typo) – yes, 1/2 cup ground coffee!!! Fixed now!