Table of Contents
You are going to love this low-carb, keto-friendly Cloud Bread. While this bread is low fat, low carb, gluten and grain free, it definitely does not lack for flavor. It’s so tasty and the insanely soft and fluffy texture is where it gets its name of cloud bread.
Keto Cloud Bread
If you haven’t tried the cloud bread baking trend yet, now is the time! It is so delicious, easy, and versatile. This bread is great as is, but it can be used for so many things. I love to make sandwiches out of it. It can also be dipped in soup or dips, like hummus, for a healthy snack.
It’s so good and the texture is so much like bread, you won’t even miss your traditional carb-loaded wheat bread. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make. With just four ingredients and simple instructions, you can put it together quickly.
You are going to love the versatility of this low-carb and grain-free bread. It can easily be made right at home and take the place of traditional bread. Use it to make sandwiches, dip it into soup or dips, replace your breadsticks, or even use it for mini pizza. Any way you slice it, it’s bound to be a hit!
Why We Love Cloud Bread
- Low-carb bread-like option
- Grain free
- Great for diet
- Low calories
Ingredients for Cloud Bread Recipe:
- 3 extra large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz) cream cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Cloud Bread:
Separate eggs into 2 glass bowls.
Pro-Tip: Make sure that your 2 mixing bowls are completely clean. I can’t stress this enough. Even the slightest bit of residue in your bowl will keep the eggs whites from forming stiff peaks. The batter will get watery and won’t bake properly. Also be sure that there are no egg yolks mixed in with the egg whites, or it will not form the stiff peaks you are going for.
Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Mix egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
Combine egg yolks, salt, and cream cheese. Whisk the yolk mixture until smooth.
Fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Gently fold until the whites are completely combined.
Pro-Tip: When mixing your ingredients together, you want to be sure that they are completely mixed until the consistency is perfectly smooth, before creating the mounds on your lined baking sheet.
Divide mixture into 6 mounds on your lined baking sheet. Space them 3-4 inches apart.
Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
Substitutions & Additions:
- Cream cheese: You could use 3 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt in place of the 3 tablespoons of the softened cream cheese.
- Herbs & Spices: To give your cloud bread a unique flavor, you can add some of your favorite herbs or spices to it. I like to add some Italian seasoning or even just a simple garlic salt is great as well. If you are adding in any seasonings, go easy on how much you add, especially the first time. That way you can get a taste for how much is the right amount.
Cloud Bread Keto FAQs
Cloud bread is a bread alternative typically made from eggs, cream of tartar and some type of soft cheese (like cream cheese). Cloud bread (or keto bread) is known for being low carb, keto friendly and has no flour or grains.
Cloud bread (sometimes called oopsie bread) is very light and airy and is most similar to a white bread, with very little taste. It is perfect for sandwiches and great for a keto or lo-carb diet.
How To Store Keto Cloud Bread:
Store cloud bread in an airtight container. It is best to keep in the fridge. If stored properly cloud bread can last for several days.
To freeze your cloud bread, be sure to separate the bread layers with parchment paper to prevent it from sticking together. However, I have to say that cloud bread is at it’s best when eaten within the first 12 hours after baking.
After you try this cloud bread, you will quickly see why it is all the rage right now. The texture is unlike any other bread I’ve tried. Best of all, it’s very diet-friendly because it is low carb, grain, and gluten-free, as well as low fat. It’s the perfect bread replacement that can be used in a variety of ways.
Other Easy Low-Carb Recipes
- 3 extra large eggs room temperature
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 3 tbsp (1.5 oz) cream cheese softened (or 3 tablespoons greek yogurt)
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- You will need 2 medium size glass mixing bowls. They will need to be completely clean, no soap or residue of any kind. Even the smallest amount of missed residue of any kind will keep the egg whites from forming stiff peaks. The batter will be watery and will not bake properly.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs into the 2 glass bowls. Be certain that NO egg yolk is in the egg whites, or it will not form the stiff peaks.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites.
- Using an electric handheld mixer, whip the egg whites on high until they form stiff peaks, about 3 minutes. Set the bowl aside.
- Using a whisk, combine the egg yolks, kosher salt and softened cream cheese. Whisk the yolk mixture until completely smooth and no cream cheese chunks are visible.
- Using a silicone spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture a cup at a time. Gently fold until the whites are completely combined.
- Gently divide the mixture into 6 mounds on the parchment paper, spaced at least 3-4 inches apart.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow the bread to rest and cool on the pan for 5 – 10 minutes.