Table of Contents
This easy, no-churn chocolate chip pancake homemade ice cream is a sweet twist on a breakfast favorite.
SCROLL DOWN FOR FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE
In this decadent Chocolate Chip Pancake Homemade Ice Cream dessert, smooth vanilla ice cream with buttery undertones gives way to a sweet maple syrup swirl and crisp semi-sweet chocolate chips. It’s the perfect way to make your day sweet!
Hi everyone! *Enthusiastic virtual wave* My name is Claire, and I’m the blogger, baker, and sprinkle enthusiast behind The Simple, Sweet Life. I couldn’t be more delighted to be sharing this sweet recipe with you on Princess Pinky Girl today!
Now, since I’m new around these parts, I’ll just be up front and honest with you: ice cream is kinda my jam right now. With flavors like apple cider bourbon butterscotch and sweet potato with toasted bits of marshmallow ice cream, I’m not going to be giving this up anytime soon.
That’s not to say I haven’t always had a sweet spot for ice cream (I have), but rather that once I discovered that I could make my own ice cream, no ice cream machine necessary (because ain’t nobody got time for that!), I just couldn’t go back.
Why… WHY play ice cream roulette in the frozen food isle when you can make your own ice cream exactly the way you want it?!
Really, why settle for dime-sized pieces of cookie dough in your ice cream when you and I both know they should be, AT LEAST, quarter sized. No more disappointing mint chocolate chunk with the world’s thinnest chocolate shavings or rocky road that’s too much road and not enough rocky (seriously ice cream companies, what’s up with that?).
Now, you have the ice cream power. The power to make anything you want! Like ice cream for breakfast!
Because pancake flavored ice cream = ice cream for breakfast, right? Yeah, let’s just call that sound logic and all agree that whether you kick your day off or wind it down with this chocolate chip pancake ice cream, it’s going to be sweet!
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Chip Pancake Homemade Ice Cream
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Butter extract
- Maple syrup
- Mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk chilled
- 2 tbsp butter extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and butter extract, and continue whipping until the ice cream is light and fluffy, and holds stiff peaks.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon about half of the ice cream mixture into it. Drizzle with half of the maple syrup and half of the chocolate chips, using a butter knife to gently swirl it all together.
- Add the remaining ice cream mixture, maple syrup, and chocolate chips, and again swirl it all together with a butter knife.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer and allow to freeze overnight or for 6-8 hours.
Looking for some other delicious desserts – check out some of these other Princess Pinky Girl favorites!
Flower Pretzel Bites – need a little taste of Spring? These Flower Pretzel Bites will put your “spring” back in your step and they will make your tummy pretty happy too – great food craft to make with your kids!
S’more Snack Mix is a super easy dessert to make to get that summer feeling all year round. Quick and easy and only a few ingredients!