These easy Mini Banana Bread Muffins are moist, fluffy, and filled with sweet flavor from overripe fruit and chocolate chips. The perfect bite-sized breakfast or portable snack!
Table of Contents
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Why We Love Mini Banana Muffin Recipes
- BananA BREAD MUFFINS Ingredients
- Substitutions and Additions
- How to Make Banana Bread Muffins
- Tips For Making The Best Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- How to Store Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delicious Bite-Sized Desserts
- More Banana Recipes
- Mini Banana Muffins Recipe
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Our moist Mini Banana Bread Muffins recipe has all the light and fluffy features of your favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, but when made mini, they bake even faster.
These moist mini banana muffins are just as soft and delicious as the larger loaf that you love, but when baked in bite-sized muffin tins, you get to taste them in less time because they’re done in only 15-18 minutes instead of an hour.
When bananas are past their prime and begging to be baked into chocolate chip banana muffins, this banana mini muffins recipe is a great way to make on-the-go breakfast bites or snacks.
Why We Love Mini Banana Muffin Recipes
- Quick and easy to make in minutes.
- Uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- Single-serving snacks are pre-portioned and portable.
- Lighter, fluffier, and faster to make than a loaf.
- Everything just tastes better as a bite!
- Perfect for breakfast on the go, lunchboxes, or snacks.
BananA BREAD MUFFINS Ingredients
- Bananas: Use very ripe bananas for optimal sweetness.
- Lemon juice
- Baking powder
- Mini chocolate chips
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions and Additions
- Create Some Crunch: For extra crunch and a boost of nutrition, you can add chopped nuts to the banana bread batter. I like using pecans or walnuts to make banana nut mini muffins because they have a sweet and toasty taste.
- Make With Other Mix-Ins: Instead of chocolate chips, feel free to mix some raisins, chopped dried fruit, nuts, or banana slices into the batter.
- Tasty Toppings: After the banana bread mini muffins have finished baking, you can melt a little butter and brush it on top with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the buttered muffin with sugar and cinnamon (I like to combine them before sprinkling) for a sweet snack.
How to Make Banana Bread Muffins
- Mash: Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Make The Batter: Mix together the melted butter and the sugar, then add in the eggs. Mix in the mashed banana, stir in the lemon juice, then add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine until smooth. and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake: Spoon the batter into the mini muffin pan, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve: Cool to room temperature, remove from the tin, serve and enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- All ovens cook differently. To make sure your muffins are done, stick a clean toothpick in the center. If it comes out wet with batter, they are not baking.
- To make the best mini banana muffins use overripe bananas. They should be a dark yellow with lots of browning. The riper the bananas, the more moist your bread will be and the more banana flavor it will have!
- Slide a knife around the edge of each muffin to loosen and they should pop right out of the tin.
How to Store Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- To Store: Store your muffins in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- To Freeze: Completely cool your muffins to room temperature and then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Microwave for 10 – 15 seconds for a “fresh from the oven” flavor.
More Delicious Bite-Sized Desserts
- Caramel Apple Crisp Bites
- S’more Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Cookie Brownie Bites
- No Bake Monster Cookie Energy Bites
If you tried this Mini Banana Muffins Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!!!
More Banana Recipes
- Banana Cream Pie Bites
- Nutella Banana Bread Bites
- Banana Fluff Parfait
- Banana Cream Pie Cheesecake Bars
Mini Banana Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- mini chocolate chips
- Mix together melted butter and sugar1 cup sugar, ½ cup butter
- Add eggs2 eggs
- Mush bananas and stir them in with the other ingredients3 bananas
- Stir in lemon juice1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add flour, baking powder and salt2 cups flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Stir in mini chocolate chipsmini chocolate chips
- Spoon into well greased mini muffin pan. Fill about 3/4 full and sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top of the muffins
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes (sides should get golden brown and top should not look moist)
- Let cool and then pop out!
Origionally published November 24, 2014