Table of Contents
- Healthy Banana Smoothie
- Why We Love This Banana Bread Smoothie Recipe
- Ingredients / Shopping List
- Substitutions and Additions
- How to Make a Banana Bread Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Smoothie Tips
- Storage Tips
- What are the health benefits of a banana smoothie?
- Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Other Easy Smoothie & Milkshake Recipes
- Banana Bread Smoothie Recipe
This delicious and healthy Banana Bread Smoothie will not only fill you up, but it tastes just like a delicious piece of banana bread but in smoothie form! This thick homemade banana smoothie takes only a few minutes to throw together, but will keep you satisfied for hours!
Healthy Banana Smoothie
I have been super into smoothies lately. They are such an easy option for a quick breakfast or a refreshing mid-day snack. This Banana Bread Smoothie has become one of my go-to flavors because it’s rich and creamy, yet healthy and light.
It’s super filling and I love how you can change up the flavor a little bit each time, by adding your favorite fruits like blueberries or strawberries!
Why We Love This Banana Bread Smoothie Recipe
- Healthy banana smoothie with yogurt.
- This smoothie is filling and won’t leave you feeling hungry.
- Creamy and delicious smoothie recipe.
- You can add extra fruit and various yogurts to change up the flavor.
- Quick breakfast or snack for on the go –ready in 10 minutes!
Ingredients / Shopping List
- Coconut milk
- Vanilla yogurt
- Old-fashioned oats
- Agave: Using honey or maple syrup instead is a great option for a substitute.
- Banana cream pudding mix
Substitutions and Additions
- COCONUT MILK: You can use your favorite type of milk here, including 2% or whole milk, vanilla almond milk, soy milk, etc.
- YOGURT: There are a lot of fun flavors of yogurt that you can choose from, or you can even go with plain yogurt. I would recommend something that goes well with bananas such as plain, honey, or strawberry yogurt.
- BANANA CREAM PUDDING MIX: I love the taste this adds, but you can still enjoy a delicious smoothie without it. You could also use a vanilla pudding mix instead.
- More Add-Ins: You can always add extra garnishes to smoothies. Some excellent ones for this smoothie include chopped walnuts and simple granola. You can also garnish this with some sliced bananas or strawberries on top! I just love fruit and nuts with this smoothie.
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make a Banana Bread Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie recipe couldn’t be any easier! From start to finish it will only take about 5 minutes. It’s as simple as popping your ingredients into the blending and letting it do its thing.
- Place bananas, coconut milk, vanilla yogurt, old-fashioned oats, ice, agave, banana cream pudding mix, and cinnamon into a blender.
- Blend until fully combined.
- Pour into a glass to enjoy!
Banana Smoothie Tips
- Pro-tip: The ingredients are constructed so that the blender will have an easy time blending the ingredients together. If you have a high-powered blender, the order doesn’t have as much impact.
- To Store: Smoothies don’t store well long term unless you have a particular place in your refrigerator that slightly freezes things. However, you can keep your smoothie in any refrigerator for a few hours before drinking it.
- To Freeze: You can freeze your smoothie for an icy treat, but I don’t recommend storing it in the freezer longterm, as the ingredients will separate when it’s thawed.
What are the health benefits of a banana smoothie?
This smoothie has bananas, coconut milk, and oats, all of which have some great health benefits. Some of those include the following:
– Bananas include fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, and other nutrients.
– Bananas also can help manage sugar levels, maintain digestive health, improve heart and kidney health, and improve insulin sensitivity.
– Coconut milk includes vitamin C, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium.
– Coconut milk improves cholesterol levels, reduces inflammation, and fights viruses and bacteria.
– Manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5 are all found in oats.
– Oats are rich in antioxidants, may help with cholesterol and sugar levels, and are an excellent food to help people lose weight.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- High powered blender
Other Easy Smoothie & Milkshake Recipes
- Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Tropical Fruit Smoothie
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Orange Creamsicle Milkshake
- Oreo Milkshake
Banana Bread Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1¾ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup vanilla yogurt
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tbsp agave
- ¼ cup banana cream pudding mix
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Place the bananas, coconut milk, vanilla yogurt, old-fashioned oats, ice, agave, banana cream pudding mix, and cinnamon into a blender.
- Blend until fully combined and then pour in a glass cup and enjoy.
- The ingredients are constructed so that the blender will have an easy time blending the ingredients together. If you have a high-powered blender, the order doesn’t have as much impact.