These Chocolate Cake Rice Krispie Treats are a chocolatey gooey snack that combines two of your favorite desserts in one!
Hey all! It’s Nancy from The Bitter Side of Sweet here again! I can not believe that it is April already! Now I am completely getting the summer itch, I just wish the weather would get on board. Here in midwest we still had snow last week and temps in the 20’s. UGH!
I saw these Copycat Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies and they seriously look amazing! And since you guys like your chocolate I decided to make chocolate cake! Well sort of!
The kids were out on Spring Break and had a play date. They always want to throw tea parties with their friends and I like to make special treats. Because we were headed out of town the next day I didn’t really want to bake anything. So I grabbed a few simple ingredients and made these Chocolate Cake Rice Krispie Treats! I threw some frosting on top and my 4 year old insisted some sprinkles as well! They were ready in about 20 minutes! ENJOY!
Here is what you need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 marshmallows
- 1/3 cup devils food cake mix
- 4 cups rice krispie cereal
- chocolate frosting
Here is what you do:
- Spray a 8X8 pan with not stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In microwavable bowl add butter and marshmallows. Microwave for 1 minute stirring after 30 seconds.
- Stir in cake mix and cereal. Stir till completely incorporated.
- Spread into pan and allow to set for 20 minutes.
- Top with frosting and sprinkles. Cut and ENJOY!