These candy cane kiss cookies are the holiday version of everyone’s favorite, peanut butter blossom cookies. Instead of a peanut butter cookie, they are peppermint sugar cookies and instead of a chocolate kiss, they are topped with a delicious Hershey’s Candy Cane Kiss. They are one of our favorite Christmas cookies of all time!
Christmas Kiss Cookies
If you have ever had a Hershey’s Candy Cane Kiss, then you know the creamy, minty, melt in your mouth deliciousness that these sweet treats offer. They are one of my favorite things to begin to see on the shelves at the store as the holiday season approaches. I am a sucker for this particular candy, so putting them on a cookie seemed genius.
Now, if you are under the impression that Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses can’t possibly get any better than they already are, I’m here to tell you they can. When they are placed on top of yummy, soft, candy cane-filled peppermint cookies, they are so much better. This cookie recipe totally enhances the creamy, rich flavor of the kiss!
These are fun and easy holiday cookies that everyone loves. The candy cane kiss on the top gives them a bit of a festive look and the minty flavor is right on point. You can’t go wrong with candy cane kiss cookies!
- Butter – You should let the butter warm up to room temperature so that it is softened. I prefer to use unsalted butter
- Egg – I always use large eggs and let them warm up to room temperature
- Vanilla extract – if you want to keep the cookie white, you will want to use clear vanilla. However, I used regular vanilla for this recipe
- Peppermint extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Crushed candy canes – you can throw them in a food processor or put them in a ziplock and crush them up!
- Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses (unwrapped) – you may want to throw in a few extra just in case some slip into your mouth!
Additions & Substitutions
Candy canes: If you don’t want the added crunch of the candy canes, you can leave them out of your cookies (either the whole batch or a half of the batch) and just add the kiss to the top of each one.
Gel color: For a fun, decorative twist on these cookies, you can add in red or green gel coloring to all or part of the cookie dough!
Sprinkles: You can also add sprinkles to the top of your cookies for even more fun decoration. Just roll them in the sprinkles before baking!
How to Make Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
- Separately, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Add flour mixture, milk, and candy canes to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Scoop dough and roll into tablespoon-sized balls. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then press Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each cookie.
Tip 1: For a pretty look to your cookies, you can roll the balls in sugar before placing them on the cookie sheet. That way they will have a dusting of sugar on them after baking.
Tip 2: Be sure that you don’t over bake these cookies! You want them nice and soft when you press the Hershey’s candy cane kiss into them. These are also really yummy if they are just slightly undercooked.
How to Store
Store cookies at room temperature in a sealed food storage container for 5-7 days. You can also store them in the fridge if preferred. Personally, I think these are delicious when they are cold! These cookies also freeze well. Simply place them into a freezer bag and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Holiday Cookie Recipes
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups | Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels | Christmas Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies | Christmas Pinwheel Cookies | Cinnamon Roll Cookies | Chocolate Covered Oreo Reindeer Cookie | Christmas Truffles | Old Fashioned Christmas Sugar Cookies | Snowball Cookies | Peppermint Meltaways | The Best Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- 28 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and peppermint extract until fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Add flour mixture, milk and candy canes to the wet ingredients and beat just until mixed (about 30 seconds).
- Scoop dough into 1 tablespoon size cookies then use hands to roll each into a ball to smooth edges. Place cookies onto prepared cookie sheets (2 inches apart).
- Bake cookies 13-15 minutes until edges have lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes then press an unwrapped Kiss in the centre of each cookie.
- Store leftovers (at room temperature) in a sealed food storage container for 5-7 days.
These candy cane kisses are the perfect soft, minty Christmas cookie. The sugar cookie is moist and crumbly, while the candy cane pieces give a minty crunch. Topped off with the Hershey’s Candy Cane Kiss, these cookies are so scrumptious. Everyone will love them at your Christmas gatherings!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!