This no-churn Harry Potter Butterbeer ice cream is the thing Harry Potter dreams are made of! Butter, brown sugar and vanilla help create this rich and creamy version of the Universal Studios Harry Potter World favorite!
Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream
Are you a huge butterbeer fan? Have you tried our Frozen Butterbeer Recipe? What about our Hot Butterbeer Recipe? They are as close to the official Universal Orlando’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter Butterbeer as I have ever tasted! We love all things Harry Potter and this Ultimate Collection of Harry Potter Ideas will be your go to resource!
I was so excited to spend a few days over at Universal Orlando Resorts and got to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! While their Butterbeer drinks are amazing (see my Frozen Butterbeer version here), I am totally obsessed with their Butterbeer Ice Cream!
So when I got home, I reached out to one of my most talented contributors, Claire from The Simple, Sweet Life. She is amazing at ice cream recipes. I pretty much begged Claire to make me up my very own Butterbeer Ice Cream Recipe and man did he nail it!
I have some great information on our trip to Universal – be sure to scroll down past the recipe for some great tips and more info!! Also, check out my TOTCHO recipe which was also inspired by my trip to Universal Orlando and their newest restaurant, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium!
If you have ever been to Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure, you know how amazing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is! When you step in Diagon Alley, you feel like you are walking right in to the book!
We loved the rides, the shops and of course the food! Check out this Facebook Live video tour of Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade! We got some AMAZING tips from some of the “wizards” on staff. Heading to Universal soon, check out these great Universal Orlando Tips and How to Survive Universal during the Holidays!
What the heck does butterbeer taste like?!
According to JK Rowling “less sickly butterscotch” Perhaps not the most appetizing way to put it, but less sickly butterscotch I could do! Universal Studios mentioned that it is “reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch”.
BEHOLD BUTTERBEER ICE CREAM! Thick, creamy ice cream with a rich homemade butterscotch base (seriously, do NOT try to substitute store bought butterscotch sauce. That stuff does not freeze) and a ripple of butterscotch syrup.
THIS is what Harry Potter dreams are made of!
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Try our Easy No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream too! You can mix all sorts of yummy things in it! It is the creamiest ice cream ever!
Butterbeer Ice Cream
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk chilled
- 2 oz butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, combine your butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream. Stirring frequently, cook your butterscotch sauce for 15 minutes, or until it coats the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the remaining heavy whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks. Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue whipping until thick and fluffy. Add your cooled butterscotch sauce (leaving a small amount for drizzling over the top) and whip until just combined.
- Pour your butterscotch ice cream into a wax paper lined loaf pan. Drizzle the remaining butterscotch over the top and swirl with a butter knife. Place your ice cream in the freeze and allow to set overnight (or at least 5-6 hours).
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!