This no-churn Harry Potter Butterbeer ice cream is the thing Harry Potter dreams are made of! Butter, brown sugar and vanilla help create this rich and creamy version of the Universal Studios Harry Potter World favorite!
Table of Contents
Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream
Are you a huge butterbeer fan? Have you tried our Frozen Butterbeer Recipe? What about our Hot Butterbeer Recipe? They are as close to the official Universal Orlando’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter Butterbeer as I have ever tasted!
I was so excited to spend a few days over at Universal Orlando Resorts and got to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! While their Butterbeer drinks are amazing, I am totally obsessed with their Butterbeer Ice Cream!
If you have ever been to Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure, you know how amazing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is! When you step into Diagon Alley, you feel like you are walking right into the book!
When I got home I decided I had to recreate this Butterbeer Ice Cream so I could enjoy it every day! Not to worry, it is a super easy recipe and will take not time at all to prepare!
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream
- Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream in a small pan over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes. You want to stir it frequently until the butterscotch sauce coats the back of a spoon. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer if you don’t have one), whip the remaining 2 cups of heavy whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue whipping until thick and fluffy.
- Add the cooled butterscotch sauce to the whipped mixture and whip until just combined.
PRO-TIP: leave a small amount of the butterscotch sauce for drizzling over the top)
- Pour the butterbeer ice cream into a wax paper-lined loaf pan. Drizzle the remaining butterscotch over the top and swirl with a butter knife.
- Place the ice cream in the freeze and allow to set overnight (or at least 5-6 hours).
What does butterbeer taste like?!
According to JK Rowling “less sickly butterscotch” Perhaps not the most appetizing way to put it, but less sickly butterscotch I could do! Universal Studios mentioned that it is “reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch”.
BEHOLD BUTTERBEER ICE CREAM! Thick, creamy ice cream with a rich homemade butterscotch base (seriously, do NOT try to substitute store bought butterscotch sauce. That stuff does not freeze) and a ripple of butterscotch syrup.
THIS is what Harry Potter dreams are made of!
Try our Easy No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream too! You can mix all sorts of yummy things in it! It is the creamiest ice cream ever!
Heading to Universal soon, check out these great Universal Orlando Tips and How to Survive Universal during the Holidays!
Other Easy Harry Potter Recipes
Butterbeer Ice Cream
- 2 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk chilled
- 2 oz butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, combine your butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream. Stirring frequently, cook your butterscotch sauce for 15 minutes, or until it coats the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the remaining heavy whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks. Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue whipping until thick and fluffy. Add your cooled butterscotch sauce (leaving a small amount for drizzling over the top) and whip until just combined.
- Pour your butterscotch ice cream into a wax paper lined loaf pan. Drizzle the remaining butterscotch over the top and swirl with a butter knife. Place your ice cream in the freeze and allow to set overnight (or at least 5-6 hours).
Post Updated May 24, 2021 – Originally Posted May 23, 2017