Bacon Chipotle Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
Hi everyone! I’m Chef Bec from It’s Yummi, and I’m so excited to be sharing this awesome appetizer recipe with you today. With New Year’s Eve and the football championship games just around the corner, I decided to show you how to make an easy and delicious bacon chipotle cheddar cheese ball. Your party guests will go crazy for this!!
With just a few simple ingredients and only about 10 minutes to make, this cheese ball should be at the top of every party food list!
Because I live in Wisconsin, where we’re known as the Dairyland State, cheese is a necessity in my life. Bacon is a necessity because… well, it’s bacon! Wonderful, salty, crispy.. it pairs perfectly with cheese.
If you’re a vegetarian or you’d like to keep things a little bit healthier, feel free to swap out ingredients. Use nuts or sunflower seeds instead of bacon, add some finely chopped baby spinach in with the cheese, or you can use all low fat cheeses if you want. The idea is to make this appetizer one that’ll disappear from the party platter faster than you can say HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon pieces (about 6 slices of bacon)
- Place cheeses in the bowl of a food processor. (If you don’t have a food processor, use a high speed blender.) Process until cheeses are combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for bacon pieces and pulse to combine. Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and use clean hands to form cheese into a ball. Place bacon pieces on a plate and roll cheese ball in them before transferring to a serving platter.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or raw veggies.
By the way, Jennifer has invited me to share a new recipe with you every month, so please come back the 4th week in January to get a great recipe for Valentine’s Day! In the mean time, feel free to swing over and see me on my website, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+
Looking for some other great appetizers? Click the picture below!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!