The cookie, a timeless favorite that has been reinvented countless times with different flavors and combinations. After a fun day in the kitchen creating a perfect soft vanilla cookie I decided to get creative with flavors and this is what I made: Vanilla Cardamon Nutella Glazed Almond Crunch Cookies. Longest cookie title ever, I know! I shortened the title but trust me, all the flavor are there.
Here in the Year-Round Giving kitchen we have a lot of fun playing with our food. This particular day I had the kitchen to myself. After creating a soft vanilla cookie I had to figure out how to take it to the next level! Here is a picture from my Instagram feed when I was in the middle of creating this cookie.
So let me break this cookie down because it is a good cookie from start to finish. You don’t even have to make it to the last recipe step to have yourself a great cookie.
First, we have a soft vanilla cookie. Roll it in powdered sugar and it is a simple but delicious cookie that pairs well with coffee, tea and of course milk. After perfecting this melt in your mouth vanilla cookie, I added Cardamon just to add another dimension of flavor.
Second, you can see in the picture above I did a Nutella glaze drizzle. Which was amazing and I could have stopped there but, I knew this post was for the Princess Pinky Girl blog and I had to bring my Want…Need…Love, A-Game!
Third, the Nutella glaze drizzle turned into a dunk and this soft cookie needed a small crunch for texture. That small crunch was found in a bag of sliced almonds that I crushed to get smaller pieces. After a swirl in the Nutella glaze and a dip in the crushed sliced almonds this cookie was finally done and it was amazing!
Cardamon Nutella Almond Crunch Cookies
- Vanilla Cardamon Cookie Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs bourbon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Cardamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- In a mixing bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Once well blended slowly mix in the flour mixture.
- Once the dough is well combined roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cookies cool then individually roll each cookie in a shallow bowl filled with powdered sugar. Tap off excess sugar and place on a cooling rack or back on your cooled cookie sheet.
Nutella Glaze Ingredients
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp flour
- In a small saucepan melt butter on low heat.
- Add Nutella and milk then whisk together. Turn up the heat to a medium low heat.
- Once well combined add flour and whisk again.
- Let slightly cool just until warm. You don’t want it to get cold otherwise it will stiffen.
Swirling and Dipping Instructions
- Crush sliced almonds with your hands or crush them in the bag. Pour about 1/4 cup of crushed almonds in a shallow bowl. You will refill the bowl with almonds as needed.
- Pour Nutella Glaze in a separate shallow bowl.
- Swirl the top of the lightly powdered sugared Cardamon cookie in the Nutella Glaze.
- Immediately dip the cookie lightly, glazed side down, into the bowl of almonds.
- Place cookies on a rack and let the Nutella glaze and almonds set. If you are in a hurry you can put them in the refrigerator so the glaze will set faster.
*If your glaze does stiffen up while you are dipping the cookies you can put it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave the glaze for 15 seconds to heat it back up.
Stephanie Jackson is the creator at Year-Round Giving where she creates recipes from breakfast to dessert to cocktails and everything in between. Spring through Summer she gets her hands dirty in the garden bringing fresh garden ingredients to create unique recipes. Connect with her on social media.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!