If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to prepare pork chops, look no further. This recipe makes the juiciest smothered pork chops you will ever eat. Start by coating your chops with the perfect blend of seasonings, then pan-searing them up with a mushroom, onion, and garlic combo.
You are going to love these hearty, smothered pork chops. They make for the perfect family dinner!
Juicy Smothered Pork Chops
I am always on the hunt for new ways to prepare pork chops. When it comes to steak and chicken, I have more recipes than I know what to do with. But when it comes to pork chops I sometimes scratch my head wondering what to do.
If you have the same struggle, I am happy to share my smothered pork chops recipe with you today. This recipe makes the juiciest and most delicious pork chops ever! It has become my go-to way of making pork chops for the family.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Hearty and filling
- Easy to make
- Family and kid approved dinner option
- 4 pork chop about ¾ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
SEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Smothered Pork Chops
You will love this simple recipe and the easy-to-follow instructions. This is the quickest and most delicious way to prepare homemade pork chops on the stovetop.
- Shake onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt together in a storage bag.
- Place raw pork chops into the bag and shake to coat. Save leftover spices.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Sear each side of the pork chops, then set aside.
- Add butter, minced garlic, onion, and mushrooms to the frying pan and cook.
- Add flour to the frying pan and stir until there is no white.
- Pour leftover spices, chicken broth into the pan and boil, stirring often.
- Add pork chops back to the pan and cook.
- Serve hot.
Variations / Options / Add-ins
- PORK CHOPS: I have found that for this recipe rib or loin cuts work the best.
- VEGETABLES: Feel free to add-in or take out veggies as you like. I love mushrooms and onions, but if you aren’t a fan you can leave them out or swap something else in their place.
- You want your pork chops to reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. That is when you’ll know they are done. Use a meat thermometer to check the temp.
- Save yourself time cleaning up and use the same pan for the entirety of this recipe!
What to Serve with Smothered Pork Chops
To keep this meal hearty and filling, I love to pair my smothered pork chops with a potato or rice of some kind.
How to Store Smothered Pork Chops
You should store any leftovers in a sealed food container in the fridge. Leftover pork chops tend to last for up to 3 days. I have found that these can get a bit dry and lose their juicy flavor when reheated, so I suggest eating them all up when they’re fresh, if you can!
More Great Dinner Recipes
Smothered Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops about ¾” thick (rib or loin cuts are best)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- In a large food storage bag, shake together onion powder, garlic powder, salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place raw pork chops (one at a time), into bag and shake to fully coat. Save leftover spices in the bag for the gravy.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Sear each side of pork chops (about 4 minutes per side) then remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
- In the same (now empty) frying pan, add butter, minced garlic, onion and mushrooms and cook over high heat until onions start to brown.
- Add flour to frying pan and stir until you no longer see any white.
- Pour chicken broth & leftover spices from the food storage bag into frying pan and boil over high heat until mixture starts to thicken (5-7 minutes). Stir often so it doesn’t burn or stick to bottom of pan.
- Add pork chops back to frying pan and cook until pork chops reach internal temperature of 145F.
- Serve hot.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!