Are You Looking For A Slow Cooker Soup Recipe Your Entire Family Will Love? I rarely fix lasagna anymore because this Lasagna Soup is so easy to prepare and delicious. It is perfect on a cold day.
Good Morning! My name is Diane, and I blog about easy recipes at Recipes for our Daily Bread. I am always thankful to share one of my recipes here at Princess Pinky Girl. If you follow Jennifer, you know she has the latest hacks, easiest and most delicious recipes, and tips for everything. I am a huge fan of Jennifer’s blog and grateful for the opportunity to share this easy Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup with you.
- 2 – Pounds of ground meat; Italian sausage, beef or turkey, or any combination. I use 1 pound sausage and 1 pound turkey
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 – 24 ounce containers spaghetti sauce
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning – I use Paul Prudhomme’s Pizza Pasta Magic
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 16 dried lasagna noodles, broken into 1 inch pieces – bite size
- 2 handfuls or cups of fresh spinach
- Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- In a large skillet, brown 2 pounds of ground meat
- Place it into a slow cooker.
- Add the finely chopped onion.
- Pour in the chicken broth and spaghetti sauce.
- Season with the garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Add the lasagna noodles and spinach.
- Continue cooking for 45 min to an hour.
Why I love my Slow Cooker?
I simply love my slow cooker. Most of the time, you have a one pot meal when using your slow cooker. You simply add the ingredients and let the slow cooker do all the work. I could go on and on about cooking with a slow cooker. If you would like more slow cooker recipes, you are in luck. I recently released my first eCookbook called The Southern Slow Cooker. You can find out more here. It includes over 50 slow cooker recipes.
How did I come up with this Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup recipe?
My family enjoys my slow cooker Lasagna. I decided to use the same basic recipe but make a soup version. I added lots of chicken stock with the tomato sauce. The chicken stock with the tomato sauce made the lasagna more liquid like soup. I even included the spinach I normally put in my Lasagna. Adding a vegetable makes this soup truly a one pot recipe. I did leave out the cheese filling I would normally layer in my lasagna. The filling is a mixture of Mozzarella cheese and Ricotta cheeses. I know what you are thinking… You cannot have lasagna without the cheese, and you are correct. To serve this slow cooker lasagna soup, I topped it with lots of Mozzarella cheese. The warm soup melts the cheese, and you have a stringy, gooey delicious topping. Even though the picture below does not show the stringy Mozzarella on top of the Lasagna soup, you will have to trust me. I truly forgot to add it before taking the picture.
Oh, How I love Paul Prudhomme Pasta Seasoning
My secret ingredient to add to any pizza or pasta recipe is Paul Prudhommes’s Pizza Pasta Magic. I am not an affiliate with Paul Prudhomme seasonings, but I simply love his products. Paul Prudhomme is a famous New Orlean’s chef, and he knows how to season food well. I can find Pizza Pasta Magic at my local Walmart and Kroger. If you do not find it in your store, simply use your favorite Italian seasoning.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!