These Whole Wheat Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect way to kickoff the change of season. Soft, fluffy, moist, and flavorful!
Table of Contents
Yvonne here from Tried and Tasty, bringing you another delicious recipe! It’s officially fall and I’m ready to welcome pumpkin season with open arms. Are you? These Whole Wheat Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars are the perfect way to kickoff the change of season. What I look for in a pumpkin bar is soft, fluffy, moist, and flavorful. These bars have it all. Make these for your family, coworkers, neighbors or holiday party. I can just about guarantee the pan of these will be gobbled up in no time no matter where you take them! The best part? The wonderfully delicious cream cheese frosting. I could hardly get it on the bars fast enough without wanting to eat the bowl up beforehand. So what’s on your menu for fall? Caramel apples? Stew? If nothing else, add these pumpkin bars. You can thank me later!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15-ounce pumpkin
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 bars Philadelphia cream cheese 8 oz., softened
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or using a hand mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat softened cream cheese.
- Add heavy whipping cream, pumpkin puree, & vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add more powdered sugar as needed. Add additional heavy whipping cream 1 tbsp. at a time as needed.
Here are a couple of other great pumpkin recipes for you to make this fall!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes w/Cream Cheese Frosting