Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers have all the flavors of a supreme pizza, made healthier then stuffed into pepper form! This delicious take on the traditional stuffed pepper will have your entire family cleaning their plates!
Stuffed peppers are a well loved dinner in our house and I love trying new flavors in them, thus Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers were born!
Its a weekly occurrence, I ask my daughter what she wants for dinner and she says pizza.
It doesn’t matter if we had pizza the night before, she always asks for it! While I share her love for pizza, I certainly can’t have it every night, so I’m always trying to find ways to incorporate pizza flavor into our meals.
Speaking of which, have you tried Princess Pinky Girl’s Breakfast Stuffed Peppers? That’s right, peppers for breakfast! They are absolutely delicious!
For the full list of ingredients and comprehensive instructions, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. Before you scroll, there’s important stuff in the blurb!
Table of Contents
- Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers have all the flavors of a supreme pizza, made healthier then stuffed into pepper form! This delicious take on the traditional stuffed pepper will have your entire family cleaning their plates!
- Frequently Asked Question When Making Stuffed Peppers:
- How Long To Bake Stuffed Peppers?
- What Can You Put in Stuffed Peppers?
- How to Make Stuffed Peppers
- Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- More delicious and easy dinner recipes:
To be honest, I never order a supreme pizza, I like my pizza on the simple side, but I do love all those flavors together!
These stuffed peppers are packed with sausage, onions, black olives, mini pepperonis, pizza sauce, and of course cheese! You could definitely add ham, mushrooms, or any other pizza topping you like too!
Use what you have on hand, so its an easy dinner recipe! I like to put out all the different toppings and let my family stuff theirs with their favorites! Then all I have to do is throw them in the oven and let bake.
While pizza is delicious, it is definitely not waist-line friendly. These peppers are definitely a healthier version of supreme pizza.
Use turkey or chicken sausage to really cut down on calories and fat! And the less calories you use on the sausage, the more you can use on the cheese! For me, more cheese is always better!
If you are looking for a delicious and healthier take on supreme pizza, then these Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers are definitely the right recipe for you!
Your family will love this easy, but full of flavor recipe!
Frequently Asked Question When Making Stuffed Peppers:
How Long To Bake Stuffed Peppers?
We have found the baking the peppers at 400 degrees for 20 minutes was perfect! However, all ovens cook differently, so you may need a little more or less time! You want the peppers to be tender, so check them at 20 minutes, and if you think they need to be a bit softer, leave them in for a few more minutes.
What Can You Put in Stuffed Peppers?
Stuffed peppers are a great weeknight dinner. There are so many options of what ingredients you can add depending on what you are in the mood for, so feel free to get creative! You can even stuff jalanpeno peppers, if you want a little extra kick!
- Use taco seasoning for a Mexican stuffed Pepper or Tex Mex version
- Ground Turkey
- Ground Chicken
- Ground Beef
- Pizza Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Any veggies – zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes…really almost any vegetable will be delicious in here!
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
- Brown meat of choice (turkey, beef, chicken). Cook until no pink remains. Drain fat. Turn off heat.
- Add stuffing ingredients to the pan (veggies, garlic, oregano onion, rice, etc.). Stir well. Add half the sauce (pizza, spaghetti, etc.) and stir again. Add mixture to each pepper until almost full. Top with cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce into a casserole dish. Lay peppers in the sauce and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Garnish with additional sauce if desired.
Want the Printable Recipe?
(just scroll down?)
Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- 8 peppers tops removed and seeded
- 1 lb sausage turkey, chicken, or pork
- 8 oz mini pepperonis
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 oz black olives
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 12 oz pizza sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat. Add sausage and then brown. Cook until no pink remains. Drain fat. Turn off heat.Add onions, pepperoni, olives, garlic powder, and oregano to the pan. Stir well. Add half the sauce and stir again. Add mixture to each pepper until almost full. Top with cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce into a casserole dish. Lay peppers in the sauce and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Garnish with additional pizza sauce and basil if desired.
More delicious and easy dinner recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas – these can be made in the Instant Pot, Slow Cooker or just on the stove top!