Breakfast Stuffed Peppers that are not just delicious but also a nutritious breakfast option!
Table of Contents
Over the last three weeks, I’ve been trying to really watch what I eat and work out on a regular basis.
Let me tell you, this has been TOUGH! Being a food blogger and wanted to eat ALL of the good foods is a serious problem, especially when they’re all that good stuff. (spoiler alert – these Breakfast Stuffed Peppers have been my go-to way to start my day)
You know, butter and cream and all things super delicious and end up going right to your thighs. Not so great, especially when it happens day after day.
Isn’t it fun to serve this meal, it’s like our Quinoa Stuffed Pepper recipe. It’s so yummy and really fun to eat right out of the pepper!
I decided to attempt to make some healthy recipes but I was determined to make them flavorful so I didn’t miss all my other favorite dishes.
To be honest, I ate scrambled eggs a lot. Probably every other meal for the first week. It was a way that I could add lots of veggies and seasonings into something I knew I loved.
After a while that kind of got old and I thought I would make a little change and bake the eggs IN a bell pepper. OH, My Goodness is this ever good! It’s packed with flavor as well as being super nutritious!
Plus, aren’t they super pretty and fun to serve this way?!
If your peppers are uneven on the bottom, you could have some egg that runs out. This happened with one of mine but it really didn’t cause an issue. I tried to set my peppers along side the dish so they were a little more stable and had less that spilled out.
One of the other recipes I made while I’ve been trying to watch what I eat is Stuffed Pepper Soup, it is incredibly filling and low in calories plus its 21 Day Fix approved!
Love stuffing veggies! Try these amazing Stuffed jalapeños from Aggies Kitchen. They are perfect for a yummy appetizer!
What types of recipes do you make when you’re trying to watch what you eat or make meals that are a little bit healthier?
Delicious Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- 2 Bell Peppers any color works for this
- 3 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Skim Milk you can use any milk for this
- 2 Asparagus Spears Cut into pieces
- Sprinkle of Feta Cheese I used the Tomato Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by slicing your peppers in half, scoop out the seeds from the middle.
- Whip together the eggs and milk in a small bowl before mixing in the asparagus and feta cheese.
- Spoon into the bell peppers and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. (You could sprinkle another bit of feta cheese on top when they come out of the oven.)
- Note: You can use just about any other veggies in these, I like to use mushrooms and onions when I have them on hand. The more veggies you get into a meal the better!
- You could also use sausage or bacon crumbles in this if you didn’t want a vegetarian meal.
We have an awesome FREE Meal Plan printable for you guys! Simply click the photo below and you’ll be able to download and use it for making your weekly menu! Yay!