This two ingredient Pineapple Sorbet that truly hits the spot on a warm day. Not to mention it’s only two ingredients and super easy to make. And healthy too!
Hello there Princess Pinky Girl readers! Serene here from House of Yumm again! How have you been doing? I can’t believe April is almost over! It’s been a whirlwind over here for us, we welcomed our baby #4 at the beginning of the month, and the days have just been flying in a blur due to family visits and lack of sleep.
Luckily, I was able to come up with some easy recipes to see us through this time though. Which brings me to this wonderful two ingredient Pineapple Sorbet that truly hits the spot on a warm day. Not to mention it’s only two ingredients and super easy to make. And healthy too!
The main ingredient in this sorbet, pineapple! Uhh..duh right? Not only is pineapple completely delicious, it’s also super healthy too, and loaded with Vitamin C.
This sorbet (dairy free ice cream), is super simple to make. All I did (all my husband did) was chop up a pineapple. Process it in the food processor, mix it up with some Pineapple flavored Coconut Water, and then churn it up in our ice cream maker. You could eat it right from there is you do so desire. Or you could stick it in the freezer to keep it until another time. I would recommend setting it out on the counter to defrost for about 5-10 minutes prior to serving if you’re pulling it from the freezer though. I find that the sorbets without any dairy products freeze a little harder than the typical ice cream. Making them pretty difficult to scoop out without causing serious injury to yourself or the spoon..
I am so in love with this recipe and have already made several batches of it! I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
- 1 whole medium pineapple
- ½ cup pineapple flavored coconut water
- Peel and core the pineapple-easiest way to do this is to cut off the top and bottom, stand the pineapple up on your cutting board and slice the skin off. Then cut each side off of the core, this will leave the core by itself which you can throw away.
- Roughly chop up the remaining pineapple, place in the processor and process for about 1 minute until no large chunks remain.
- Pour in the coconut water and mix until combined.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker bowl (bowl should be frozen, make sure you have it in the freezer for about 12 hours or longer to completely freeze).
- Churn for about 20-30 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved. The pineapple mixture will turn a lighter color and seem creamier as it churns.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! If you decide to place into the freezer to save for later, set out onto the counter to defrost for about 10 minutes prior to scooping out.
More Frozen Treats from House of Yumm:
Check out some of these other super easy desserts – just click on the picture below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!