Table of Contents
These Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbreads are amazing, and so EASY. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
Hey readers, this is Lauren visiting again from Tastes Better From Scratch. Happy back to school week (for those of you in school or with kids in school)! My husband started his final semester of Law School this week! EEEKK. I can’t wait to be finished, and move on to bigger and better things.
I know I’m not the only one that feels things getting more hectic when school starts. I keep an arsenal 30-minutes dinner ideas close by so that dinner is never a chore.
These Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbreads are amazing, and so EASY! You can use homemade or store-bought flatbread. Confession: I totally buy mine this time of year. It makes dinner super easy when I’m in a crunch. And I keep homemade pesto in my freezer, that way I can always have some for yummy recipes like this.
I hope you enjoy these yummy flatbreads! And come visit me at Tastes Better From Scratch for some more easy meal ideas and treats!
Pesto Chicken Caprese Flatbread
- 2 large flatbreads
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup shredded/chopped chicken rotisserie chicken works great!
- 1 Tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped basil about 6-8 leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Brush flatbreads with olive oil.
- Toss shredded chicken in pesto sauce.
- Layer flatbreads with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, then tomatoes, and then shredded chicken.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 4-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and drizzle with a little bit of balsamic vinegar, if desired.