These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins feature a bright and zesty flavor and each bite is packed with aromatic and crunchy poppy seeds. You won’t be able to stop at just one!
Hello everyone! I’m Ann from Bake du Jour—I’ve been blogging for a little over a year and this is my first time posting here. I’m so excited to share this recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with you today!
I don’t know about you, but I am a toootal sucker for all things lemon and lime.
Looking to add some other flavors in to shake things up a bit, I also love these Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffins from Princess Pinky Girl! They are topped with a simple Lemon Streusel, which adds a delicious crunch!
Loving all things lemon, but don’t have a ton of time? These Lemon Cake Mix Cookies are just for you!
These muffins are great any time of day, to be quite honest. I’ve had them for both breakfast and dessert, and on the same day too! 😉 These babies are super addicting and the best part? They come together in under an hour.
Once the batter’s ready, you’ll just need to fill the cavities of your muffin tin up 3/4 of the way and pop the pan into the oven for 20 minutes.
Having just a plain ol’ lemon poppy seed muffin is great, but I wanted to step it up with a lemon glaze. And boy, was that a good idea!
You’ll only need 2 ingredients for the glaze and it makes all of the difference. I love biting into the muffin and having a little bit of the tart flavor come through before getting to the light and fluffy crumb. When in doubt, go for the glaze.
These muffins are not too tart at all, but you are welcome to add more lemon juice or zest if you like! I think 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons *packed* with lemon zest hits a good balance, but hey. You do you.
If you’re not into poppy seeds, you can omit them from the batter but I personally enjoy the texture it lends to these muffins. Every bite’s got a little bit of crunch to it and I love that!
I hope you give these muffins a try! There aren’t too many ingredients to it at all; just make sure not to forgo that delicious lemon glaze!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups plain yogurt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease your muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remainder of the muffin ingredients together until combined.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture in increments and mix until just combined.
- Fill each cavity of your muffin man 3/4 of the way and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack.
- Whisk together the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the muffins.
Looking for other lemon/lime treats to try out?
Check out my Lemon Lavender Cupcakes!
And my Coconut Lime Bars!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!