Who is ready for all the great traditional holiday food this season? This is Stephanie from Year-Round Giving hanging out with Princess Pinky Girl today sharing my Harvest Cheese Ball. The cheese ball is a classic and a must-have at any holiday party.
This Harvest Cheese Ball is jeweled with the gorgeous colors of the season and inside has the surprise of craisins mixed with the cheese that gives it a pop of color. I love cheese balls because they are so versatile. Pick your favorite cheese, fruits and nuts and the combinations are endless. Here is a money saving tip: Instead of buying your favorite nuts and fruit separately find a trail mix blend that has all the nuts and fruit you love. With this cheese ball I found a harvest blend trail mix and picked out the almonds and raisins and added pistachios and craisins.
The trick to getting that gorgeous nut coating is after you chop or food process the nuts and dried fruit, place a bowl under a colander and pour the chopped coating into the colander. Stir around the coating mixture and all the small crumbs will fall through the colander leaving the fuller size pieces for you to use for your cheese ball coating.
Harvest Cheese Ball
- 4 oz goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbs sour cream
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1 cup equal parts of pistachios, roasted pumpkins seeds, pecans, and sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs of chopped dried apricots
- In a mixing bowl cream together the goat cheese, cream cheese and sour cream.
- In a food processor chop craisins.
- Mix craisins into cheese mixture.
- Place cheese mixture onto plastic wrap and use the wrap to form into a ball.
- Secure wrap around the mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour nut mixture and dried apricots into a food processor and chop.
- Pour nut mixture into a colander and stir. This will get rid of the small crumbs.
- Pour remaining mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Roll cheese ball into the nut mixture and using your hands press nut mixture gently into the ball.
- Serve with crackers and pretzels.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and tips on how to make the perfect cheese ball. Please come by Year-Round Giving and see what else I have been up to in the kitchen this week.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!