Table of Contents
Hi everyone! Stephanie here from Year-Round Giving sharing my Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich. This sandwich is stacked with different flavors and textures that work together in perfect harmony. Forget the cheeseburger this will be your new cookout favorite.
First thing you will want to do is make my Lime Cilantro Aioli at least 2 hours in advance before you make this sandwich. This will let the flavors develop. You will love this Aioli. We dip our french fries in it, put in on fish, and of course spread it on grilled chicken. In this recipe we spread it on both sides of a ciabatta roll.
Next you will want to marinate the chicken. We marinate our chicken in a simple oil and a seasoning mixture for a few hours. It is the perfect grilled chicken flavor.
Grill marks make everything taste better right? While the chicken is cooking on the grill throw on pineapple slices next to them. They only take a couple of minutes on the grill to get those beautiful marks.
We finish off the sandwich with a slice of provolone and alfalfa sprouts.I hope you enjoy this sandwich and swing over to Year-Round Giving to see what else we have been cooking up this week.
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
Lime Cilantro Aioli
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- zest from 1 lime.
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix.
- 6 thin sliced chicken breasts
- Mix oil and seasoning together.
- Place chicken and oil mixture into a zip lock bag and let marinate for at least 2 hours before grilling.
Remaining sandwich ingredients and directions
- 6 ciabatta rolls
- 6 pineapple slices
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- alfalfa sprouts, to taste
- Spray your grill with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken until fully cooked.
- Grill pineapple slices about 2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the sandwich with spreading the Aioli on the ciabatta rolls, then stack the grilled chicken, provolone cheese, pineapple, and sprouts.
- Enjoy!Stephanie Jackson
For the love of food connect with me on Social Media.